(NFR) Seahawks

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Rory McMahon, Nov 20, 2005.

1. mr trout Trevor Hutton

Yakima, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    NFR Seahawks

yeah...
    Whean are we going to talk about real sports?
    I guess I'll start - Tony Stewart Won the Nextel Cup yesterday....
    Now thats a sport.

:p :p :p :p - J/K - But I do LOVE NASCAR!
  2. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +512 / 0
    NFR Seahawks

Yeah...Bass Master Championships. Who's gonna take it this year? Can't wait. You had me going for a scrolling second.
  3. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,655 / 0
    NFR Seahawks

How can you call this a sport,sitting on your butt going around in circles for three or four hours at a time. Hell, even old fat men like me could do it.

Jim
  4. Stew McLeod aka BigMac

Renton, WA
    Ratings: +89 / 0
    NFR Seahawks

Try sitting in the seat of a performance go-cart for 9 minutes and then answer that. Sitting behind the wheel of one of those monsters for a few hours must be draining to say the least.

'Mac
  5. Jason Decker Active Member

Issaquah, WA
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    NFR Seahawks

left, straight, left, straight.......LEFT now that is real drivin
  6. Rory McMahon Active Member

lynnwood
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    NFR Seahawks

Ever here of something called centrifugal force. I personally ahve raced cars before and not go-carts. Quartermidgets is what ive raced. The most ive sweated in my life was in one 40 lap race in 80 degrees and my arms felt like i had just done 1000 pushups. Bottomline, never get in a fight with a racecar driver.
  7. mr trout Trevor Hutton

Yakima, WA, USA.
    NFR Seahawks

I reckon I done opened a can of worms on this one....

In addition to the "normal" sports out there, I consider anything where you are competing/participating and have the likely possibility of grave bodily injury or death a sport... And yes, those guys sweat like mad, most are in great shape and do a lot of Physical Training.

As an aside, the UW chess team is putting up a stink because they want to get money from the athletic fund - the same fund as pays for football, basketball, ultimate frisbee etc. So far it looks like a Nay from the Athletic board...:clown:
  8. P.Dieter Just Another Bubba

Seattle.
    Ratings: +150 / 0
  9. Rory McMahon Active Member

lynnwood
    NFR Seahawks

They shouldn't, im sure they dont have the expenses that all the other teams need.
  10. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.
    NFR Seahawks

P Dieter....How the hell did you come across this...or should I ask?

Finally...the fly-fishermans most valuable piece of equipment. Allows you to stay in your float tube for hours while you drink a beverage or four. Will help keep one leg warm in cold waters. Now available at your local fly shop. Hurry while supplies last. Buy now and receive a 10.00 coupon for a Fat Cat float tube.
  11. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.
    NFR Seahawks

I also want to apologize for those that think when they open this thread they might be reading about the Seahawks....of course, on a fly fishing board,....and how things can digress to urinal bags and race cars. Sometimes these threads are like the weather....and I am one of many to blame.
  12. P.Dieter Just Another Bubba

Seattle.
    Ratings: +150 / 0
    NFR Seahawks

Porter I actually got one years ago to try while lake fishing in my boat. I thought it could make a humorous product review and I could double up with a review of my kelly kettle...Tea and Pee for the fly fisher. Well the things work great but any added connivence didn't outweigh having a pee bag attached to your leg under your waders. Also as I realized that these things would be a fantastic blessing to a fisherman who actually needed it to even go fishing the humor was lost.

They were originally marketed to the Nascar crowd as a way to avoid the lines at the sanicans (that's how it ended up in this thread)

You asked:confused: ;)
  13. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.
    NFR Seahawks

I did ...and I regret. (I wasn't really expecting a sincere reply)

We all make life work the best we can with what we have at the time we are living and can afford.

Please may this thread disappear in a urinal bag and be flushed.
  14. abun24 How do you do this?

Boston, MA
    NFR Seahawks

Sorry this was way out of place.
  15. tythetier Fish Slayer

WASHOUGAL, WA
    Ratings: +40 / 0
    NFR Seahawks

My attention span is all of 9 seconds MAX!! (that is why I gave up bober fishing). Give me drag racing any day!!!

NHRA KICKS ASS!!!!
    0-325 MPH 4.35 seconds

Ty
  16. DaleDD New Member

Washington, USA.
    NFR Seahawks

I predict a first-round victory! (But a second-round defeat, due to the issue that you're talking about here...sorry guys.)

But no matter what, they've made us proud!

Go 'hawks!!
  17. Rory McMahon Active Member

lynnwood
    NFR Seahawks

Back to the Seahawks, how do you think were gonna do tommorow against the giants. Itz gonna be a tough game, eli manning and plaxico burress have been doing pretty wel together and amani toomer been decent. Tiki (alexander look-a-like) Barber is having a career year but still cant compete with his look a like. But i think the deciding factor is where it is, in seattle. It will be a close game, hopefully we can pull it off.
  18. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,655 / 0
    NFR Seahawks

This site is about fly fishing. Who gives a shit how they do tomorrow. Stick to fishing it's more enjoyable.

Jim
  19. Rory McMahon Active Member

lynnwood
    NFR Seahawks

Fishing is better but footballs a close second, well not close but it is second.
  20. Tyler Speir Artist

Puyallup, WA
    Ratings: +12 / 0
    NFR Seahawks

Go read a book Old Man. heh