NFR Seahawks

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Daryle Holmstrom, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Daryle Holmstrom retiredfishak

Mount Vernon, WA
    Ratings: +105 / 0
    Hope they don't go down with the Space Needle
  2. Buck "Ride'n Dirty."

Seattle, Wa.
    Ratings: +7 / 0
    Ya, I hope they do well. I'd feel a bit better if we got through the first round.
    Did anyone catch the Hawaii game? Hawaii lost but what a hard hitting game, damn. There was zero QB protection. The bulldogs line was just way to big and fast. Nice year though Coach! 12-0
  3. TANGLES Richh

Lake Forest Park, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    Is the Space Needle going down?
  4. Connor H Bobbers n Beadz

Ellensburg, WA
    Ratings: +8 / 0
    Did I miss something?
  5. Rory McMahon Active Member

lynnwood
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    im pretty sure he's talking about how the fireworks show that failed pretty badly

As far as the seahawks go, i think we will have a little bit of running room and we should use morris more, the redskins lack team speed on defense and we should be able to run morris on some pitch and stretch plays and get some positive yardage, however, its really all about how well hasselbeck can pass the ball. There DBs dont scare me at all, they have one decent corner but we should be able to pick them apart, as long as we can protect the qb and give him plenty of time, im worried about pressure up the middle, our guards and center aren't handling that so great. i think London Fletcher will have a big day. I think slant routes will be open alot, curl routes will probably work well with the redskins dbs having to respect the deep ball with branch, hackett, and burleson. Basically, Engram could be open a lot and hasselbeck will have no problem giving him the ball, i predict 10+ catches.

On defense, its gonna be tough slowing down a red hot offense, i dunno if our secondary will have the speed to prevent some downfield passes to moss. trufant fast, but if he bites on a double move or anything like that, i dunno if deon grant has the speed to save him. If we can continue pressuring the qb we may be able to knock their qb out of rhythm. I dont think we will have a problem with clinton portis, our linebacking core can make up for out small DTs, unless they commit ot running the whole game, we wont have a problem with our defense getting tired. And rarely does a team run outside on us, with tapp, kerney, peterson, hill, and tatupu. We get to most runs before good blocking sets up or gets to the outside. I think antwaan randle el is a good match up for kelly jennings. Jennings can cover, i dont think anyone can dispute that, he's a solid cb, however, he's really small and gets picked on by tall or big WRs. He does get dragged on quick slant route for quite a few yards, but randle el can't really do that very well. But it really all comes down to how much pressure we can get on the qb, preferably with 4 rushing. If we can have everyone in coverage and still get pressure we could a lot of turnovers. I think Peterson will get at least 1 or 2 sacks coming off the edge.

Overall, it will be tough playing such a hot team, especially with the whole sean taylor thing giving them extra motivation. I predict a high scoring game, something like 37-28 seahawks
  6. Scott Keith Member

Arlington, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    This upcoming game is a win/lose for me no matter what happens. I'm a DC native so I'm rooting for the Redskins, but I consider Washington State my second home so I'm rooting for the Hawks...

Scott
  7. Calvin1 Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +7 / 0
    Rory, great analysis. Looking forward to a good game. I was at the Baltimore game which was fun, but I was really disappointed to go out on a loss to the Falcons.
  8. Denny Active Member

Seattle, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +45 / 0

Though I want them to win, my prediction: pain for the Seahawks. bawling:
  9. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,626 / 0
    I don't think that they will have any trouble with Washington. But if they win they have to go to Green bay. That cold weather could do them in.

It is something to think about.

Jim
  10. Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +47 / 0
  11. HauntedByWaters Active Member

Bellingham
    Ratings: +103 / 0
    Why do the Hawks get love from so few, even in their home state?!?!?!

I think they will beat the Redskins and you want to know why?

Aside from all the in depth analysis, the Hawks have KICKED ASS in all their playoff games of recent times. They have a good head on their shoulders in these high pressure games now and mostly the same crew with the same hunger and experience. THAT IS BIG.

When was the last time the Redskins kicked ass in the playoffs????.....
  12. LD Active Member

Spokane, WA
    Ratings: +78 / 6
    Not a Seahawks fan, but would be concerened if I were. Won the worst division in football by defalt. Did not beat a good team at a time when they were playing well during the regular season. Home field is an advantage. If they get by Washington would be very surprised they could win on the road in cold weather.
  13. Steven Green Hood Canal Pirate

Poulsbo, Washington
    Have faith! it will be a tough game no matter what but after our loss to the falcons we will be ready to kick ass again. Our super squad of receivers are all healthy plus Morris is doing great and Sean is showing lots of improvement. I think Morris lit a fire under his ass so maybe he has a little extra motivation now. to victory! :beer2:
  14. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +488 / 0
    They will either lose to Washington or face the Patriots ;)....they are a team destined for none or all. ptyd The only teams that should be of a concern to Seattle (eventually) are the Patriots, Colts, Steelers, and Jaguars. :eek::eek::mad::confused:

I believe if they beat Washington they will run the table to the SuperBowl :thumb: :beer2:

But then again on any given Sunday :confused: Saturday the Seahawks win :D :cool:

In the end the only thing I feel good about is the NFC will face the Patriots :beer1:
  15. CovingtonFly B.O.H.I.C.A. bend over here it comes again

Covington, Wa
    I'll be in attendance on Saturday. Suposedly I'll be sitting next to Superbowl MVP Mark Rypien. Go Hawks
  16. Dave Hartman is tired of trout

Whitefish, MT
    Ratings: +51 / 0
    Good lookin' start to this game. The defense looks fast and angry.
  17. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +488 / 0
    Just don't have D wear down (speed yes/ bulk no)...keep Matt healthy, and 20 points should do it!
  18. Eric Tarcha gear whore

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +12 / 0
    got a bit dicey there at the end of the 3rd/beginning of the the 4th, but big stop by the D after the butchered kickoff return really saved the day. If the Skins score a TD there, who knows where this game would have went.

Great INT return by Trufant too..
  19. Jeff Hale B.I.G.F.F.

Bainbridge Island, WA
    Ratings: +27 / 0
    What now, Smack talkers??? Hawks Whooped em'.
  20. Sloan Craven Active Member

NoSho, ma
    Ratings: +30 / 0
    A few key missed pass-interference calls didn't hurt either. Who was talkin smack, Jeff?