(NFR) Seattle Bars

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Fishman, Apr 4, 2004.

1. Fishman Member

Anacortes WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I'm going to be stuck in Seattle for a few days. Can anyone recomend a good bar that I might run into any a fly fishermen? I use to like the Dog House in a way.
    Peace
    :beer2
  2. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,667 / 0
    Seattle Bars

This is a Non Fishing Related(NFR) subject and should be so stated. And no I never go to Seattle. Never had a desire to go there.

Jim
  3. flasher New Member

seattle.
    Seattle Bars

Well I live downtown and the only people you'll run into at the bars I frequent are drunks:) :beer2 :beer1 :beer1 :beer2

Good luck in your search for a fisherman friendly bar:thumb

By the way don't forget to color your hair some shade of your favorite steelhead fly color or you'll definately be pegged for a tourist LOL

The only reason Jim doesn't come to seattle is because he has no hair to color :+ :+ :+
  4. Backyard SANCHO!

The River, WA.
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    Seattle Bars

Jim doesn't like the "big city" because of the noise.

Not for the fact that it "loud", crowded or annoying .

It's just because the decibel level is louder than his whining.

:thumb
  5. headhunter New Member

Seattle Bars

Jim, are you serious? Are you that much of a *&$%? Have a nice day.
  6. Jason Trout Bum

Edmonds, WA
    Seattle Bars

Don't remember the name of it buts its across from Seahawk staduim on King Street. Tomorrow is opening day of the Mariner's so bound to be some Fly guys in there.

I think it's Tiki Bobs.
  7. Andy Workin in a sweet mullet

Columbia River Gorge
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    Seattle Bars

yeah Tiki Bob's and the King Street Station and the Central are down in pioneer square and are OK as far as bars go (I dont think any of them are worth the price of a drink there)
    Up in the U district, there are some nicer, more laid-back bars that I can actually stand to be in for any period of time. I think that Dante's is my favorite as they have a whole bunch of games, and the bartenders are smokin hot!!!:beer2
  8. Sparse Grey Hackle Member

Fayetteville, NY, USA.
    Ratings: +26 / 0
    Seattle Bars

I'd go to the Owl and Thistle on Post Alley and then follow-up at the J&M. . Most important, I would wear a Sage hat or T-shirt that has an obvious "SAGE" on it. That's about the only way you'll pick them out of the crowd. Frankly, you've got a tough search ahead of you. Your query is akin to the quest of "How do I find people who like peach flavored ice cream?"

There is no "Fly Fishing" bar. There are bars and restaurants all over Seattle with old creels and vintage rods hanging in them, but nobody speaks the language of the flyfisher.

Buen Suerte!:beer2

Sparse

Streams are made for the wise man to contemplate and fools to pass by.
    (Sir Izaak Walton)
  9. Tightline Brian Perry

Seattle, Wa, USA.
    I frequent Two Bells on Fourth, and the Five Point Cafe since they are right next to my place in Bell Town. Two Bells has the best grilled onion burger around, and Both places poor a good pint. Five Point's slogan is "drunks serving drunks since 1929" or something like that.

~B
  10. Nailknot Active Member

Cascadia
    Ratings: +8 / 0
    Seattle Bars

I've met fly fishers in Ballard (Lock & Keel, Tractor Tavern, etc) and at the Virginia Inn on 2nd (Dave, an old fly fisher, lives upstairs).
  11. Fishman Member

Anacortes WA
    >I'm going to be stuck in Seattle for a few days. Can
    >anyone recomend a good bar that I might run into any a
    >fly fishermen? I use to like the Dog House in a way.
    >Peace
    >:beer2
    Thanks for all your help. I guess I got what I asked for!Let's end it now.
  12. Fishman Member

Anacortes WA
    >I'm going to be stuck in Seattle for a few days. Can
    >anyone recomend a good bar that I might run into any a
    >fly fishermen? I use to like the Dog House in a way.
    >Peace
    >:beer2
    Thanks for all your help. I guess I got what I asked for!Let's end it now.
  13. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,667 / 0
    Seattle Bars

When I was young and dumb I used to spend a lot of time in and around Seattle. But now that I'm older I got wiser. Seattle sucks,I don't spend any more time than I need to there. I go to Seattle just to go to the Outdoor Emporium and then get the hell out of dodge.. Besides I live in Marysville and the drive down there would probably drive me more nuts that I am now.

Jim....Who stays the hell out of Dodge.
  14. steve s Member

Issaquah, Washington
    Ratings: +4 / 0
    I hit Two Bells and the Five Point quite often as well, I must live just a couple of blocks away from you, I didn't realize there were more fly fishers living downtown.

steve s
  15. Nailknot Active Member

Cascadia
    Ratings: +8 / 0
    I work 2 blocks from Two Bells...