NFR Serial Killer spent time on Olympic Peninsula

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Dave Westburg, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Dave Westburg Member

Kirkland, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +21 / 0
    Sobering Seattle Times link about serial killer Isreal Keyes. He liked to hang out in remote trailheads and campgrounds looking for potential victims. The FBI report cited in the article said he spent lots of time on the Olympic peninsula and traced him to the Hoko River. Not everyone on the Hoko during the last 10 years was interested in fly fishing.

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2021604915_traildeathsxml.html?prmid=obindomain
  2. Kcahill Active Member

Renton, WA
    Ratings: +262 / 2
    This is why you should never leave home without your pet lion or bear.
  3. GAT Active Member

Willamette Valley, OR
    Ratings: +2,663 / 0
    Wolf... you need a pet wolf.. :D
    John Paine and Kcahill like this.
  4. Kcahill Active Member

Renton, WA
    nobody has a pet wolf...thats just ridiculous...I mean if you are going to have a wolf you might as well just get a Polar Bear.
  5. GAT Active Member

Willamette Valley, OR
    Ratings: +2,663 / 0
    Both Bundy and the I-5 killer took victims from Corvallis. Serial killers like this place.
  6. PatrickH Active Member

Snohomish County Wa
    Ratings: +56 / 0
    Kinda makes you not wanna going out hiking anywhere.. I always thought about those kind of things when I hike out. Feels like there is someone waiting in the woods watching and just waiting for the right person to walk by.. :eek:
  7. Josh Johns New Member

Seattle WA
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    I carry bear spray while hiking and always assumed I would end up using it on a crazy human before a bear…
  8. Nick Clayton Active Member

Ratings: +1,213 / 4

You can get past a wolf. NOBODY effs with a polar bear
  9. PatrickH Active Member

Snohomish County Wa

Well that is kinda like bringing a knife to a gun fight. Last thing I woudl wanna do to someone who spent months planning on how to kidnap and kill me is to spray him with bear spray assuming he probably has a gun..
  10. plaegreid Saved by the buoyancy of citrus

Renton, WA
    Ratings: +725 / 0

It's probably just me, hidden just off the trail with my gear rod, waiting for you to step into your favorite run so I can JUMP OUT AND LOW-HOLE YOU! #evillaugh #hookhand #serialfishingjerk #bears4petz #bieberfever
  11. bigdood fishing hack

PDX, OR
    Ratings: +88 / 1
    Some people are so f'ed in the head it's hard to comprehend
    constructeur likes this.
  12. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +522 / 0
    Screw the pepper spray....take the Ruger! Stuff like this slowly changes the opinions of many. I never carry a gun but now I'm thinking there is more to fear then bears, cougars, and killer rabbits!:eek:
    Ed Call likes this.
  13. flyfool Active Member

Lynnwood, WA
    Ratings: +91 / 0

I just bring my cougar along. She needs my paycheck.
    constructeur and Kcahill like this.
  14. Kcahill Active Member

Renton, WA
    When are we going bass fishing :p
  15. Patrick Allen Active Member

Bothell,WA
    Ratings: +177 / 0
    That is just F'd up.
  16. JesseC Active Member

seattle, wa
    Ratings: +754 / 0
    Creepiest part is that he reportedly killed someone in Neah Bay and they suspect he dumped the body in Lake Crescent. No, I'm not joking.
  17. wadin' boot Donny, you're out of your element...

Wallingford, WA
    Ratings: +1,599 / 0
  18. JesseC Active Member

seattle, wa
    Ratings: +754 / 0
  19. Chris Bellows The Thought Train

The Salt
    Ratings: +823 / 0
    a bit freaky since i lived out there at the time. one thing i am struck by in all the stories in the port angeles papers is that besides the two killings they nailed him for, his admitted killings here happened to be people whose relatives never called in missing persons reports and/or never told their relatives they were visiting the olympic peninsula.

weird story that seems to have some serious holes in it. just hard to believe five murders in the neah bay /olympic peninsula area and no missing person reports at all. dude could pick his victims, or wanted to be seen as more than he was.
  20. PatrickH Active Member

Snohomish County Wa
    Well I don't think there was any way for him or anyone could know that not one friend or family member was going to file a missing person report. Never know if they would or not until someone goes missing, unless you ask everyone you know if they would or not if you went missing.
    I bet almost every missing person cases are victims to this type of thing. Who really just leaves the house one day and never comes back? People usually know if someone is going to leave or move away, they don't just leave the house and disappear forever. We only hear about this stuff when someone get caught or a body is found. Think of all the victims you haven't heard about. It's like when someone leaves their kid in the car to go into the store for just a quick second, the car gets stolen or the kid get taken, or when your kid wonders off for a minute and ends of missing forever.. It's like there is always someone standing around waiting for these moments of opportunity to happen..