(NFR) Sonics Get #2 Pick!!-welcome K. Durant

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by pastorbrian, May 22, 2007.

1. Mike Ediger Active Member

Spokane, WA
    Ratings: +151 / 8
    And a cold one to you as well my wise friend. :beer2:
  2. pastorbrian Member

Ellensburg, WA
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    ESPN says that jack averaged 12 and 5, not 23/10...where did you get that crazy number?? Were you talking about Randolph?? must have been.
    He's a great scorer that gets 20 per and gives up 22..nate won't let that last long. Hes a great 6'9" post who plays bigger, but now his low post touches will be cut in half, at least...
    Randolph took almost 500 more shots than the next player..Roy. What happens now?
    All I know is, the 2 big players randolph and Roy carried them.(not far) They averaged 15 turnovers per game and gave up 98 points per game. Nate wants to play "D" and Oden will help on both ends.
    Block shots and play inside out --should be fun!

I grew up a Blazer fan. Golden era...Clyde, Jerome, Terry, Buck and the Duck and uncle cliffy.
    I know who Billy Ray Bates is and I once stood in line to get Dave Twardzik and Bobby Gross autographs...I listened to Bill Schonley under my covers so I wouldn't get in trouble...

I still have a tape of Rip City Rhapsody in my closet!!!!!

And I still hate Bill Walton
  3. Mike Ediger Active Member

Spokane, WA
    Ratings: +151 / 8
    We have so much in common you wouldn't believe it. I still have the tape of RCR as well. My Golden Era starts before clyde, jerome and the gang. It started for me in the 70s, Larry Steele and Dave Twardsik were coaches of my during summer camps. Maurice Lucas is one of my all time favorites and his signed picture is sitting on my desk here at work as we speak. I even shared pop-corn ice cream with Dr. Jack in the basement of a grange hall in Wasco, OR. I have loved them ever since, even when I hated them I was a fan.
    Yes, the 23/10 comment was directed at Z-Bo, but that doesn't mean I am a big fan. While I think he holds some very good value for us, I certainly recognize all his downside and would love to see him moved for a 3 and move LMA to the 4. We can't worry about what who carried us in the past, next year will be entirely different, and not just because of Oden. I think this summer will be our last over-hauling for a long time, and I for one look forward to seeing where we are going.
    And I still hate Bill Walton.
  4. pastorbrian Member

Ellensburg, WA
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    Awesome!

Mike- check out the Bill Schonley story book. It chronicles the Blazers through all the years he was there and how, being the only team on Or, traveled around and met fans etc...Its a great read that my dad gave me.

My pal and I used to pretend that we were the blazers on the playground. I was Jerome Kersey-always-- and he was Cliff Robinson or Buck Williams--always

The book "the Punch" is also great- it is about the Maurice Lucas/Tomjonavich "incident"

I do still root for the blazers, although it's been tough through the years. The new players are great and I am a huge Nate M fan so my rooting interest is back!!

Rip City!!