NFR: Spokane guys-lunch next week?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by IveofIone, Sep 11, 2013.

1. IveofIone

IveofIone Active Member

I'll be in town on Tuesday the 17th and have a block of time from 12:00 to 3:00 PM. I would like to have lunch somewhere on the Division corridor north of the freeway and a mile or two north or south. If you have some good ideas where to go and can meet up, drop me a PM. I'd like to meet some of you guys that fish NE Washington waters and compare notes.

Ive

LD, Guy Gregory and Mike Ediger like this.
  2. Mike Ediger

Mike Ediger Active Member

Ivan,
    I have a limited window, but I am in. I should be clear from 12-1, but will need to be back in the office by 1:00. So if you can stay on the north side I will be there.
    Unfortunately, you know I don't really fish anymore, so I can't compare notes, but you can just give me all your notes, and it would be fun to visit.
    Mike

LD and Blake Harmon like this.
  3. Eric Denny

Eric Denny It's summer time I'm fishing!!

Well I would be kind of last minute as I am a mover so if I have someone to move i move them if not I'm off, but it is the slow season so if you can add me at short notice I would enjoy a lunch with you guys. Let me know if that would be ok?

LD and Mike Ediger like this.
  4. LD

LD Active Member

I will try to make it as well.

Mike Ediger likes this.
  5. Blake Harmon

Blake Harmon Active Member

Same here gents! Count me in.

LD and Mike Ediger like this.
  6. Guy Gregory

Guy Gregory Active Member

Sorry, Ive, I'm outa town that day. Howzabout a rain check? pm me if you're in again.

7. IveofIone

IveofIone Active Member

Will do Guy. Mike, you guys need to pick a spot that will work. I know nothing about the eateries down there, I usually dine on a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, a Clif bar and a quart of lemonade when I come down.:)

Ive

Mike Ediger likes this.
  8. Mike Ediger

Someone else chime in. Poole's, Azteca, High Nooner for sandwhich, Q-Doba....??? Any other ideas?

9. rwbailey05

rwbailey05 GO COUGS

Count me in for 12-1ish. How about flaming joes up north? Blake I know your game...

LD, Mike Ediger and Blake Harmon like this.
  10. Blake Harmon

Blake Harmon Active Member

Right behind ya. Flaming Joe's is a great choice.

11. Mike Ediger

Ok with me!

12. Old406Kid

Old406Kid Active Member

Really was hoping to join and meet some of you but dealing with this.http://billingsgazette.com/news/loc...n_19e024f5-bbdd-514e-b1be-6df4988394d4.html#0
    I have 7- 4 plexes that were right in the eye of this microburst/storm.
    Some had water 3' deep with appliances floating and tipped over, lots of mud in the units, etc. Not in a flood plain
    but couldn't handle 2 1/2" of rain with 75 mph winds in 10 minutes.
    So much for fall fishing. If there was a F___ word emoticon it would be appropriate right now !!!

13. IveofIone

IveofIone Active Member

Flaming Joe's it is then. I'll be the old guy in the orange shirt and tan pants driving a white van. Will show up by 11:45 and looking forward to meeting you guys. See you there, Ive

OK, sorry about your grief in Billings, we'll do this again and maybe you can make it next time.

14. LD

LD Active Member

put it on the calander

15. rwbailey05

rwbailey05 GO COUGS

I'll be the tall over dressed guy. Looking forward to eating some wings

16. Eric Denny

Hope I can make it. Would really enjoy meeting you guys.

Mike Ediger likes this.
  17. LD

LD Active Member

Hope everyone made it. I got tied up and could not make it up there. Ive, I would take a rain check when you are in town again.

18. IveofIone

IveofIone Active Member

Sorry you couldn't make it LD, you missed the pre lunch entertainment!

I had parked my van in the far corner of Flamin' Joes parking lot to keep my dog in the shade. We were sitting in the rear door of the van waiting for Ediger to show up when a small crappy car careened through the parking lot. The passenger was screaming at the driver and telling him where to park. He tried to park on the south side of the lot where at least 15 open spaces were available. He swung wide before turning in and hit the curb, bounced off and then rammed the first car in line in the the right rear quarter panel. Now the passenger was really screaming and the guy that owned the Chevy SUV -who was standing behind his own car talking on a cell phone-started screaming also. The driver backed up a bit and tried again and once more rammed the Chevy! The cops were called and a friend came to the aid of the Chevy owner. They got the dude out of his car but he couldn't stand without hanging on to something. Totally fried.

Eventually the cops came, clamped the purp in irons and dragged him away while a tow truck did the same with his impounded vehicle. Pre-game show and halftime entertainment all in one.

It was great seeing Mike again and meeting Ryan. I only tried the hamburger and suffice it to say that the search for a good burger goes on.

I'll be back again in a few weeks and we'll try another place. Hope you can make it.

Ive

19. Eric Denny

I am glad you had a good time Ive I am also sorry I didn't make it if it would of been today we would have been golden.lol I was off by 11. but thats how it goes please let me know when you are back over here as I would really like the chance to meet you and some of the other guys off the site.