NFR Steelers Praise 12th Man.....The Refs!

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by David Prutsman, Feb 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David Prutsman All men are equal before fish

Woodland Park, Colorado
    Ratings: +25 / 0
  2. Backyard SANCHO!

The River, WA.
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    Steelers praise 12th man.....the refs!

I should have stuck with my plans to just fish all day. :beathead: :beathead:

I'm not a huge sports fan, but the refs really did swing the tempo of that game in a negative way for the hawks.
  3. Ringlee Doesn't care how you fish Moderator

Somewhere you don't know about, WA
    Ratings: +53 / 1
    There were some straight up bull calls that really swung the game. Even Madden didnt like the calls. Wasnt just us biased seahawks fans.
  4. Dylan D Member

West Seattle
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    great job to the hawks fans that made it -- they were terrific!! the refs were a joke, i can't believe it. too bad, because i have respect for the steelers, but i cannot be convinced that they are the better team here. well, not without the friggin refs at least. i hate to see any super bowl decided by those guys, let alone ours.
  5. flybill Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!

I'm with you Yard! I should have just gone out and fished! :beathead: :beathead:

Or at least played with my new line.

That just f*&^ing sucked! Damn refs! :(
  6. Bill Reed New Member

Fort Collins, Colorado
    It'e tough to win that first one boys. You had a great season, a great team, and played a great game.
    But, when it's all said and done, I thought the Stones really sucked.ptyd
  7. Jason Decker Active Member

Issaquah, WA
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    It should have been 24-14 seahawks if it werent' for those 3 bad calls.
    Take back the RothB touch down and give us back the one touch down and the catch inside the 5 that were called back.........

the game was fixed
  8. Chris Bellows The Thought Train

The Salt
    Ratings: +753 / 0
    while i agree about some questionable calls, the refs did not cost the hawks the super bowl, the hawks did. poor pass catching and terrible clock management, missed field goals... which of those did the refs cause.

of course i was rooting for the hawks, but deep down i knew that holmgren would end up being out coached by the superior coach. kudos to cowher and the steelers for a great run and a well played game.
  9. Zen Piscator Supporting wild steelhead, gravel to gravel.

Missoula, MT
    Ratings: +13 / 0
    I'm really glad i went steelhead catching today instead.

Bull.
  10. spanishfly Steelberg

Issaquah, WA, USA.
    I think the Stones summed it up best during the halftime show "Can't get no Satisfaction" We got friggen robbed!!!
  11. Rory McMahon Active Member

lynnwood
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    Im not gonna post what i am thinking. Jsut know that there would be a lot of beeps.

T990
  12. Cactus Dana Miller

Tacoma, WA, USA.
    Yeah, they sounded bad. I just can't get into a bunch of 60+ year old grandfathers wearing spandex!:eek:
  13. Pat M Chasing Tiger Trout

Swing Step Swing
    View attachment 4236

I think the Seahawks got ripped on this play. Roethlisberger didnt break the plane of the goal line with the ball.
    Once Roethlisberger relized he was short, he quickly moved the ball foward....did anyone catch that?
  14. Jason Decker Active Member

Issaquah, WA
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    even during the review of the play, the media picked up the steelers saying they didn't get it.

how about BURNING Terrible Towels at the OP Event Fire!
  15. Rory McMahon Active Member

lynnwood
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    Theres a post on the ESPN nfl forum thats titled "These aren't Seattle Fans complaining" and 198 ppl have posted so far who are different teams fans thatare saying how bad the officiating was.

T990
  16. Curtis New Member

Bothell
    The steelers had what, one call against them?? Sumin aint right.
  17. Jake Smulkowski Throwing hoppers into baetis falls

Coeur d'Alene, ID
    The officiating was what it was. IMHO, the QB draw touchdown was a good call, even though I've been a Seahawks fan for the past 26 years. The video evidence was not indisputable. Those boys played hard all season and should not be embarassed with what they did tonight. It was a great season. I'm proud of those boys.
  18. Panhandle Active Member

Selkirk Mountains, Idaho Panhandle
    Ratings: +23 / 0
    I'm a hawks fan, and ya I agree with the crappy officiating, and think the Hawks are a better team, but they- themselves lost the game. Many blown opportunities- oh well.bawling:
  19. inland Active Member

Ratings: +45 / 0
    Did the refs make Hassleback throw that pick? Did the refs make you miss two FG's? Did the refs allow Willie to get away with that TD run? Did the refs cheat by allowing Wards dagger TD catch? Did the refs cheat and just give those 1st downs to the Peelers to close the deal? Blah blah blah.

You lost.

And yes the Stones were rediculously lousy.

William
  20. tyler Member

Ballard
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    Whatta Jip!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.