NFR Steelers Praise 12th Man.....The Refs!

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by David Prutsman, Feb 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. herl

herl Member

A load of crap.

2. mike doughty

mike doughty Honorary Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    Steelers praise 12th man.....the refs!

isn't that the truth

3. Porter

Porter Active Member

Championship teams find a way....We are not there yet. :( :( :(

4. Sloan Craven

Sloan Craven Active Member

Media:
    The refs!?! People want to blame it on the refs!??? Not clock management, or Holmgren insisting on making lousy play calls, or the league MVP doing absolutely nothing, no, just the refs. Maybe if the seahawks played as well as everyone in the Northwest said they would have played, a few close calls wouldn't have made a difference. Which, I was watching the same TV and there didn't look like any blown calls to me.

And I have to give it up to Rothleisberger, that guy is one cool cucumber.

5. Warren Perry

Warren Perry Grizzly 6

Media:
    You make the call

6. Sloan Craven

Sloan Craven Active Member

Media:
    According to the rule book,:ray1: any part of the ball needs to make it into the white of the goal line. So if 1/1000 of the ball crosses 1/1000 of the goalline its a TD.:ray1: For a replay overturn, there needs to be conclusive evidence that it did not happen, its not a review to double check that it did. By those rules I hate to say it was a TD.

The upside the NFC west still sucks and the Hawks have a chance next season.

7. alpinetrout

alpinetrout Banned or Parked

Media:
    After all his trash talk before the game, how many times did Stevens drop the ball? That guy did everything he could to lose the game.

8. gearhead

gearhead Active Member

IMO, i think Locklear, should keep his holding and choking off the field, that 2 yard line, holding/do-over, i think cost us, we gave up a T.D. and in return gave them one. i have to admit, that last stealer T.D. was Beautiful. The controversial stealer t.d, IMO, was good, the ball clearly crossed over, while in the air, then was retracted when he fell, and then he tried to sneak it foward again. but he didnt have too.
    A great game. GJ Hawks.

9. James Mello

James Mello Inventor of the "closed eye conjecture"

Media:
    To quote Steve Young

I wished the refs influenced the game a little less....

I'm the usually last to say that the ref's change the outcome of a game, but there really were some silly calls that didn't make sense. In this case, I am a bit PO'd.

More than anything else, I really don't understand the call against Jax on the offensive pass interference. In the letter of the rule, he pushed off. In the spirit of the rule, he didn't gain jack crap for an advantage, hence it wasn't pass interference. I've been pushed harder when posted up playing *basketball* and never considered it to even be remotely close to a foul.

While I don't think that the refs had it in for Seattle, the way the calls did go had a strong influence on the outcome.

Would Seattle have won? Who knows, but I *do* know that the way the game was called removed the outcome from the abilities of the players.

-- Cheers
    -- James

10. inland

inland Active Member

In the letter of the rule then it's OPI. No TD. Basketball is about the most inconsistantly ref'd game around. Bad comparison.

You lost. Keep a crying and makin 'scuses for not gettin it done. It's actually quite entertaining because there isn't a thing you can do about it 'cept whine. Objective fans know that nothing funky went on. Homers can't accept reality.

If...if...if...what if??? You lost.

William

11. luckybalbowa

luckybalbowa Member

Media:
    Inland,

you're my boy here in Utah, but dissing seahawks fans on a washington based internet forum wont gain you anything...

I think the seahawks lost the game themselves, but the refs didnt help at all. I checked out ESPN.com and all over the country people thought the refs were lousy. A few respectable sportswriters have already written articles saying as much, including Michael Smith, senior writer for ESPN who said that the Offensive PI by Jax was like calling a touch foul during a key moment in a game 7 of the finals, so I think that the basketball analogy was just fine.

I'm proud of the seahawks. I knew I didn't give them much of a chance to go to the show at the start of the year. This was a growing experience for the seahawk organization....

in other words..

we'll get 'em next year (and we can really mean it this time!) :thumb:

12. John Hicks

John Hicks Owner and operator of Sea Run Pursuits

Media:
    Home Page:
    Ok, before anyone decides to flame me keep in mind that I was born in Olympia raised in Yelm (REE), Am a diehard Hawks fan, and will be taking crap from the people at my work all week.

With that said, here goes. The Officiating was pretty crappy. Steve Young and Madden both said it. Hell if you asked Rothesburger in confession this week he would say it too. But!!! bawling: The Hawks ultimately lost the game for themselves (young inexperienced team) and some pretty shitty play calling from a veteran superbowl coach. Dropped passes and yes holding by lineman doomed us. It just happened that on most of our breakout plays the ball ended up ten yards back because some dumbass decided that he should curl his big F-ing fingers around a yellow and black jersey. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Now, Would the Seahawks have won if the touchdown and the holding call were not brought back due to flags? Who knows, but it sure did change the momentum of the game. You could almost see the life leave the hawks on those two plays. IMHO that is a sign of a team that is just not ready to hold the Lombardi trophy. I don't know if any of you listened to the recording of Vince Lombardi before the game. I think he was very prophetic some 40 years ago. The Hawks were not ready or worthy of his trophy. The Steelers had their asses handed to them in the first half and still came out and played the game 110%, if the Hawks had done so we would all be chearing right now.

John Hicks

13. Hal Eckert

Hal Eckert Member

Media:
    Congrats Hawks fans on a great season future looks bright with all of that young talent.

Nice to see our local boy Randle El seal the deal on that WR option pass he was an option QB at Thornton HS here in Chicago and at Indiana our HS team played them a couple of years and we beat them.

Nice to see The Bus go out that way.

Now the post football blues set in but there are steelhead in our rivers of which none are blown.

:)

BG

14. Hal Eckert

Hal Eckert Member

Media:
    Congrats Hawks fans on a great season future looks bright with all of that young talent.

Nice to see our local boy Randle El seal the deal on that WR option pass he was an option QB at Thornton HS here in Chicago and at Indiana our HS team played them a couple of years and we beat them.

Nice to see The Bus go out that way.

Now the post football blues set in but there are steelhead in our rivers of which none are blown.

:)

BG

15. 05tacoma

05tacoma Member

inland - no to all your questions... but when penalties swing 21 points to the STEALers, you can't win a Superbowl. No team can.

16. Jim Jones

Jim Jones flytosser

Media:
  17. motroutbum

motroutbum New Member

Home Page:
    The hawks didnt get robbed. There was only one controversial call that would have made the score 17-21 and that was the offensive pass interference call in the endzone. and if brown could have made the extra point since he went like 2-4 or 2-5 on scoring attempts. Madden is just a fat Ba!@#rd anyway. The steelers out-performed seattle and that was that. Wistrom had a nice sack though...(His brother was my high school football coach) look at it this way---at least you made it to your first superbowl!

18. motroutbum

motroutbum New Member

Home Page:
    you cang judge it from that picture cause it was just a spectacle in time he was farther out before he went down. But there ALWAYS has to be a scapegoat for everything. Its almost like fishing. If you went out fishing and didnt catch anything what would you say....? "THe fish arent biting? Need to change flies? try this drift or in that pocket?" ever think that it was your ability as an angler that you just werent good enough that day to catch a fish?

19. Curtis

Curtis New Member

Media:
    I am not blaming the game on the refs. There were some chicken shit calls though. Calling hasselback for blocking below the waist to tackle someone? BS!!

20. Desmond Wiles

Desmond Wiles Sir Castaline

Media:
    Seahawks did great this year, but they could have done better last night. Despite the questionable calls, they had the opportunities to win the game, but couldn't get it done. Should've, could've, would've....

I'm sure we'll see them make another run at it next fall! GO SEAHAWKS!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.