NFR Steelers Praise 12th Man.....The Refs!

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by David Prutsman, Feb 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. motroutbum

motroutbum New Member

Home Page:
    Dude I HATE the Chiefs. I may live in mo but my family is from Pittsburg and im from LA, Ca. I have never been a Chiefs fan and i never will not even for a mil. They can suck on my left nut for all i care. The fishing here is ok i guess i havent been down to taneycomo in almost 2 months cause ive been in colorado fishing and am working to make money to move there for my guide job that i got in the 2 weeks i was there. Cubsuck. Im a cards fan. I love me some red birds!!!

2. David Prutsman

David Prutsman All men are equal before fish

Anyone see Rothlisberger admit to Dave Letterman last night that he didn't score? Also turns out the ref who flagged D-Jak for pass interference, was born and raised in Pittsburgh.

3. Sloan Craven

Sloan Craven Active Member

Media:
    Allright guys. Here's my attempt at a pep talk.

“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”
    -Paul Brown

“A winner never whines.”
    -Paul Brown

"You never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn't mean a thing. That's for the fans. You've got to win the war with the man in front of you. You've got to get your man."
    -Vince Lombardi

"It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up. "
    -Vince Lombardi

"Football is a game of errors. The team that makes the fewest errors in a game usually wins.” _Paul Brown

"We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. "
    -Vince Lombardi

4. Desmond Wiles

Desmond Wiles Sir Castaline

Media:
    Thanks Sloan, I'm sure that really did it for us.:confused:

Call it whining if you like. Call it a need to go out, fish and get over it. The point is, when your team made it to the biggest game of the year, which is supposed to be a level playing field, and you come to find out that field wasn't so level, it becomes a real disapointment. The croud I don't think was a factor, so I'm not even talking about the 90% Steelers fans present with their terrable towels. When the Hawks dominated the first half they controled the pace and the croud. I think the point of all this "whining" is we were cheated from a fair opportunity to win the game. Should the Hawks have overcome the bad calls? Absolutely, and had they did they could have won the game if they scored when they had the chance to score. It was definately a test they failed at, because a better team in their position would have triumphed despite the bad calls. But the fact is, Seattle did not have it in them that night to overcome those bad breaks, and we're upset they had to face them in the first place. So all you guys who want to call Seattle a bunch of whiners, living in an "F" graded city that isn't worthy of a good team can move on and fish as you see fit. Perhaps we just need to vent for a while longer!:mad:

Des

5. QHays

QHays Premember

Ya motrout -- that's my boy -- at little down home hating on the Chiefs. It's all right -- I feel the same way about the Donkeys over there in that state next door (which you might know better soon). I don't blame you for not liking the Pirates either -- I'm a reluctant Royals fan but some time living in Boston put me on the BoSox side about 10 years ago... Buck up Seattle boys, the Mariners aren't look too shabby this year......

6. Desmond Wiles

Media:
    Here's a few more....

Attached Files:

7. Tightline

Tightline Brian Perry

Media:
    Hey Sloan,
    Congratulations! You are officially off the invite list.

~B

8. Tightline

Tightline Brian Perry

Media:
    Hey Q-Tip or whatever your name is,
    I take respite in the fact most of us on the board can out fish you any day, or time of the week.

word,

~B

9. Jason Decker

Jason Decker Active Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    "simmmaaah downaaaah nowaaah" (snl)

Brian, that's goin below the belt!
    better pull them punches!

Desmond, those pics are freaking funny........ it all makes sense now!

10. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:
    I almost crapped my pants on the first picture. Cower handing off the bucks.

Jim

11. Dick Warnke

Dick Warnke was Pram-Man

Now that's what I call in depth investigative reporting....some guy's know how to get to the bottom of things and dig out the facts!!! Way to go Desmond!!! :thumb: :thumb:

12. Desmond Wiles

Media:
    and I thought you were'nt quite ready for depends! :eek: :rofl:

13. jabseattle

jabseattle jabs

Media:
    Okay not to make things worse than they are already….First of I was rooting for the Seachickens to rip the Steelers apart but considering I’m a transplant from Norcal and my devotion belongs to the Raider Nation..You all remember the Snow bowl and the tuck rule …right. So I can understand the heartbreak and let down…..

Yeah the Hawks got some bad calls..D Jac’s Td catch should have been a TD. Okay the call should not have been made since they were both playing paddy cake but D Jac slapped last that’s what is always called.

Hasselhoff..I mean Hassleback’s low block was weak... where was the low block call on Big Ben when he took out Bouleware on the El TD pass??? Not to mention the holding call which was questionable but the INT after that sealed it and El threw the bomb to Ward..

We Raider fans know what’s all about on getting the ticky tack flags…how many times has the tuck rule been called since the Snow Bowl? Yeah I'm still bitter:mad:

Okay I know we are Hawk country so I will end this by saying yeah the Hawks D dominated the first Qtr and most of the first half they lost the game on three big plays and a combo on bad calls...

The good news if they can keep the core together they are looking strong for a few years but I’m looking forward to the Raiders coming back in 06 and taking care of business.. I’ve been waiting for 6 years for them to come back and spank the Seachickens..:eek:

14. WaFlyCaster

WaFlyCaster Tricoptera

Media:

i agree with you there... hasselbeck would have had like 300 yards passing and a couple of touch downs had it not been for dropped passes and penalties that negated huge gains. hasselbeck is by far one of the best quarterbacks in the league. The only reason hasselbeck was even in the situation where the interception took place was because of the damn phantom holding call... and hasselbeck also made a great tackle... one thing many other qb's cant do... unfortunately the refs screwed that call up too!

15. Desmond Wiles

Media:
    First of all, we'll forgive you ;)

Secondly, I thought I'd share a bit of naivete I had as a child. As early as I can remember, football was a big part of my dad's life, so likewise I wanted to take interest in it as well. One of my first memory's was sitting down with a children's story book of all the football mascotts. I would sit there and memorize every single team, the city they were at and their mascott. Some were birds like the seahawks, some were furry creatures like the bears, and some were people like the cowboys. Some of them I didn't understand, such as Packers, or 49ers or the Raiders, so my dad would explain, "packers pack cheese, 49ers mine for gold, and the Raiders are like pirates who "raid" or steal things." Well, back in my little head, I assumed the Steelers were like the Raiders in that they stole things (I knew full well what stealing was, but hadn't heard of steeling). Anyways, it turns out I was right about the Stealers!

I'm not bitter! ;)

16. jabseattle

jabseattle jabs

Media:
    Usually Raiders just steal teams washed up old vets and turn them into all stars..though since getting destroyed in the Super Bowl it's been tough. Attending a home game in Oaktown is a great experience if your a Raider fan...

Though it does look like we will steal..or "raid" the Steelers Offensive Coordinator for our new head coach...Maybe next year when the Raiders play at Qwest we have Tui or Moss throwing the end @ to Porter.......:rofl:

17. David Loy

David Loy Senior Moment

I'll start off by saying I'm a fairweather fan at best. I swore off the Hawks over 10 years ago. COULD NOT STAND the 4th quarter play calling, PISSSSSING the game away (sorry Jim forgot your delicate ears). It really did make me angry and I didn't like that. Last time I watched the Hawks win, Zorn might have been passing. BUT, I finally relented this weekend. Actually, I watched part of the playoff game too. The Hawks ARE a great team now and are worthy of praise and loyalty. They certainly out-played the Steelers.
    And I used to be a Steeler fan.
    And a Raider fan.
    And a Dolphin fan.
    And a Bears fan.
    yada yada yada (but NEVER the Bronco's)
    I'm probably missing something here (so gong me) but I remember games:
    in blizzards, with villians, with passion, with broken bones and blood (maybe that's not a good analogy) and F'n A heros! It's probably just me but seems like the game's become less than it was.

18. QHays

QHays Premember

Hey Tightline, or Brian, or whatever -- you need to take it easy buddy. Fishing, most particularly flyfishing, isn't even about catching fish, and it certainly isn't about outfishing anyone. It's folks like you that line fish in Alaska just to take a picture to bring home and show off. Bet you drive a huge truck with monster tires, maybe even a Hummer. Won't say anymore than that. And lots of class attacking me personally when the worst I did was rag on a baldhead millionaire who I'm sure is well over the Superbowl loss. Guess that boring game did at least serve to enlighten the world as to the blight on the sporting community that Seattle is. Thanks Jason Reeltor, at least some of you guys can keep it where it should be... Now take it easy Brian, next time I see you on the Skagit I'll toss over a PBR.

19. Porter

Porter Active Member

PBR? :confused: Putrid Beer Runs :clown:

20. Zen Piscator

Zen Piscator Supporting wild steelhead, gravel to gravel.

Media:
    Home Page:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Q- you don't know Brian very well do you?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.