NFR: The state of the forum

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Allison, Jun 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Moore Just a Member

Vancouver, Wa.
    Ratings: +66 / 0
    Even Wild Steelhead...:beathead:

http://www.washingtonflyfishing.com/board/showthread.php?t=53854&highlight=pikes market
  2. Trent Ugly member

Here
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    :rofl::rofl::rofl: That's hilarious. Are those the real coordinates, or just made up?:rofl::rofl:

Another problem with the board; people seem to wait, and even anticipate the moment, for any opportunity to jump down someone's throat. Even for a joke.:beathead:
  3. Mark Moore Just a Member

Vancouver, Wa.
    I'm guessing Tim didn't feel jumped on...
  4. Tim Garton Member

Marysville, upper left corner
    Ratings: +0 / 0
  5. Be Jofus G Banned or Parked

Washington
    Ratings: +53 / 0
    :rolleyes:
  6. cuponoodle breakfast gritty

Arlington
    Ratings: +303 / 0
    It seems like a regular deal for guys to request specifics with the excuse that their wife and family obligations don't allow them time to do the legwork. I've wondered if it would be ok to offer info in exchange for a night with their wife. The wife keeps them from learning a fishery, and fishing keeps me from having a wife.
  7. Trent Ugly member

Here
    Whether "Tim" did, or "Tim" did not, wasn't what I was aiming at. I was just using an example that you provided of what could be considered something that is annoying about the forum. It just was an opportunity to show how a lot of discussions go south fast. You do have to admit that folks are quick to jump on people here for absolutely nothing, even if you were not jumping on him. There was no attack towards you intended whatsoever.

Another example could be Allison's blatant and typical feminist comment/insult about that it is "males measuring" that is part of the problem. Though, I've read a few of the post by females and they too seem extremely quick to bring out the ruler.:rolleyes:

It's like I first said, this is a thread bitching and whining about bitching and whining, and it was also started with an ignorantly said sexist insult towards males. She then tries to defuse any comment on her insult by saying, “I'd imagine this will inspire more flaming than actual useful discourse, but hey, some is better then none I guess. Try not to blame the messenger.” She even makes a lousy attempt at portraying herself as an “innocent messenger”.

In my opinion, ignorantly spoken/typed insults like what she spewed out are another large problem on the forum.

My 2 cents plus tax.
  8. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,652 / 0
    I believe that this thread is going away from what is was at the begining. Now some are into name calling. When does this all end?????????????
  9. Reelucky New Member

Bothell, WA
    It doesn't end. For some it is a fishing forum. For others it's a stage.
  10. Trent Ugly member

Here
    iagree My own post is also part of the problem. Some of us (myself included) feel obliged to correct stupidity instead of just ignoring it and letting it die out (the most effective way I think). That is an issue with self control I suppose. I apologize for letting this thread to continue.:D
  11. HauntedByWaters Active Member

Bellingham
    Ratings: +103 / 0
    Welcome to the real world.

It was the same way in school. Same way at work. Same way everywhere.

Grow a pair bro! It isn't a big deal.
  12. Chris Bellows The Thought Train

The Salt
    Ratings: +753 / 0
    only if there's no blatant "feminist" measuring of what gets grown.... that would be tssso offensive.

i swear, it's either chest pumping bs or getting offended over the littlest crap here.... i don't understand how people can watch "jon and kate plus 8" but there's not much difference reading this forum:rofl:
  13. Coach Duff Banned or Parked

Kailua Hawaii
    Ratings: +6 / 0
    I read this site for one main reason. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

;)
  14. Jeremy Floyd fly fishing my way through life

Quesnel, BC
    Ratings: +319 / 0
    I switched to this site because helping chicks pick out underwear on the Lingerie message boards had become tedious, what with the cyclical repetitive questions and such..

15. Steven Green Hood Canal Pirate

Poulsbo, Washington
    This has been funny as shit to read.
  16. Trent Ugly member

Here
    :rofl::rofl::rofl: That is a good one, coming from someone who is to scared to put their name up there:rofl::rofl: You misread what I was stating dude:thumb:
  17. Allison Banned or Parked

Seattle, WA
    :rolleyes:Nice job making my point for me, guys.
  18. Mark Moore Just a Member

Vancouver, Wa.
    I just thought Tim's post was well thought out, creative and funny as all get out. I was more less just letting on that I got the joke. (The co-ordinates are for Pikes Market in Seattle and I was pointing to the irony that you can buy wild Steelhead there while we can't find them in our own rivers).

As for a lot of what is posted on the forum, well it just sounds like another day on the river, lake, boat or bar where fishermen gather. As for Allison's sentiments regarding the forum, I imagine if she or any other lady were to come along on the river, lake, boat or walk into the bar where we fishermen were gathered, we would take stock of present company and adjust our language and attitudes accordingly.

The problem with the internet is that we can't see who just walked into the room. Sorry Allison.

One more thing, I would venture to guess that some of the more vocal participants here within would have the good sense to size up the patrons at the aforementioned bar and embrace the wisdom of just picking up a 12 pack at the local convenience store and keep moving. Discretion being the better part of valor, and all.
  19. Allison Banned or Parked

Seattle, WA
    It's not about the forum being too dudely--it's a fly fishing forum, I'd expect nothing less.

It's the blowhards that are in love with the sound of their own voices that grates, yo. If you don't have anything to add, THINK ABOUT NOT ADDING.

(or Chris how about an ignore user function? If I got rid of just a couple of these, er, posters, the forum would be considerably more readable.)
  20. Chris Scoones Administrator

North Bend
    Ratings: +295 / 0
    Allison,

1) Navigate to User CP -> Edit Ignore List
    2) Then add the User's name to that list.

Regards,
    Chris
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.