(NFR) time to put the hummer in the garage

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by ibn, Sep 14, 2004.

1. KerryS Ignored Member

Sedro Woolley, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +1,754 / 0
    "Done, it will be here in 2 weeks......wait for it......."

Our equipment manager's reply to my request for one of these trucks.
  2. Bob Triggs Your Preferred Olympic Peninsula Fly Fishing Guide

Olympic Peninsula
    Ratings: +654 / 0
    I feel that these things are irresponsible. :mad:
  3. Roper Idiot Savant

Glenraven Ranch
    Ratings: +771 / 1
    Buy, buy, buy...

My Gawd, don't we have better things to piss away money on? It blows my mind that we have such brilliant minds to design and build such things that are little more that status symbols. There is nothing practical about this truck at all. Can you image your neighbor firing this big P.O.S up about O'dark thirty in the morning to go to work????
    We can't afford health care for all, but we can put this on the market... :beathead:
  4. Kalm Member

Cheney, The Dry Side
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Wouldn't the implant surgery be more affordable?
  5. KerryS Ignored Member

Sedro Woolley, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +1,754 / 0
    Personallly I feel if you got the cash and the itch for one of these things then go get one. I wouldn't spend my money on one even if I had it but if you got it flaunt it.
  6. alpinetrout Banned or Parked

Hiding in your closet
    Ratings: +68 / 0
    One more luxury item targeted at people who can't afford it but will buy anyway to be better than their neighbors. When the US economy finally reaches it's maximun lending point, it's gonna be ugly. It's pretty scary that our first world status has reached a point where we rely entirely on debt to sustain it.
  7. Chris Scoones Administrator

North Bend
    Ratings: +295 / 0
  8. Curtis New Member

Bothell
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    holy !!!!!

Chris those things are badass! I am a virgin maximogger. Good Gawd!!
  9. worldanglr Member

Duvall, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +6 / 0
    Oooh I need a couple of those :)
  10. Nailknot Active Member

Cascadia
    Ratings: +8 / 0
    We gotta get biodiesel available. When (not if) it does become available- we better put our money behind USA made fuel. Choose USA made fuel, clean burning, max MPG. Or choose gas and write a check to Al Queso. How many kids need to die in the sand, how many trade centers need to go down, before we figure out we got all we need right here at home? We need to get off the JUNK! "Election" don't mean shit. Make a day-to-day choice to starve the terrorists and the MULtiCorps that have enabled them- support USA biofuels. If McCarthy was alive, he'd have those treasonous big SUV commuters on trial as anti-american (and history would prove him correct to do so). Big gas consumption equals DEAD AMERICANS. It doesn't take any imagination to see this as the fact. F*uck the shieks. Biodiesel is for USA jobs, clean USA air, USA technology. Purchase a diesel vehicle and run biodiesel fuel, and you cut off the terrorists. Simple as that.
  11. Griswald a.k.a. Griswald

Vashon Island, Wa.
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    I have to say what a great board this is. Roper, Alpinetrout have said so eloquantly what I agree with. I don't have anything at all against SUV's (I have owned a 1965 Land Rover Series II, A CJ-7 and Currently a '93 Jeep Grand Cherokee) But I draw the line at this type of overconsumption. It really is not about a vehicles design capabilities at all anymore, just how big of an impact said drivers want to make on those around them. I think it is really both sad and funny that people will go out and drop $50 large on a huge SUV that has chromed wheels and low profile street tires..I mean WTF? For many Americans, these types of vehicles are of course a status symbol. And I guess if you have the bux, and really want one, then go get it. But I bet you dollars to donuts, that you could take a competant and experienced offroad driver, and put them in an older, or stock, old school (or low end) SUV or Truck, and they could out perform most wannabe's in their H2's, Escalades, Or Cayannes.

One more rant, and that is to say that least of all these vehicles are marketed to "take us there...get out in the wilderness." Sadly I believe that the wilderness is being exploited in these attempts to market the vehicles. Continuing in the bigger, badder, better evolutionary vain will of course bankrupt our ecosystem in time. :mad:

Griswald
  12. Chris Stokesbary Member

Issaquah, WA.
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    Semi-related, but funny.

http://fuh2.com/

The "submissions" section is 100 pages of photo commentary.