(NFR) Times piece on NMFS panel, more fishery science vs. politics

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Chris Bailey, Mar 26, 2004.

1. (NFR) Times piece on NMFS panel, more fishery scien...

Interesting, thanks for posting this. Perhaps your title should have been "SFR"? ;-)

2. (NFR) Times piece on NMFS panel, more fishery scien...

Is anyone surprised that NMFS supressed the panel's conclusions? Definitely not politically correct considering the various powerful constituencies who stand to gain from salmon being delisted from the ESA. Delisting would serve to blunt the arguments of those who insist the Snake River dams should be breached. Guess who those southern Idaho potato farmers are gonna vote for this fall?

3. (NFR) Times piece on NMFS panel, more fishery scien...

Sort of agree with Chris C. Maybe this is SFR (Sort of Fishing Related).
    I mean this whole beef could spell the end to fishing for many of us as we know it.
    On second thought, I'm going to hang on out there and say it is fishing related by golly.
    Bob, the Hey Fortuna, you tryin' to get all political again?. Remember we don't want no bad bad news even if we wuz the ones.:beathead

4. (NFR) Times piece on NMFS panel, more fishery scien...

Glad to see you back in fighting form Bobbo.

Say, how was the fishing at Lena Lake? Did you hike the rest of the way up to Upper Lena? That looks like a real beast of a hike with another 2750 feet of elevation gain over 3.5 miles.

5. (NFR) Times piece on NMFS panel, more fishery scien...

Never made it that far, Kent. 30 miles up was enough, no need for 35. Say Kent, you don't take zeros off of signs, do you?
    I did make Lena Lake, one of those log filled jobs with a Ph so high it turned my waders red and burned my toes. No rise forms, no bugs, no nutin'.
    All switch backs. A real pisser. Not recommended.
    Some high school kids, being late an all for a dance or something, had to get back down to the car in a hurry so they just ran straight downhill, screaming all the way. This is hell on trails as I am sure you know. How does anything survive these days?
    Bobbo, the Yes, I'm a good boy and Will try to do what is right, and no, I never amounted to anything other than a tenderfoot scout... x(

6. (NFR) Times piece on NMFS panel, more fishery scien...

Actually, I think it is very fishing related. I just added the NFR cause I get the feeling from some that it isn't fishing related unless there is a report or a picture. Some enjoy their ignorant bliss not having to think about issues like the ESAs, water resources, forestry, etc. This is an important issue to follow right now.

7. (NFR) Times piece on NMFS panel, more fishery scien...

But you know Bailey, it all just wears me out. There is so much that we are losing even as we speak, and it just seems like it's time to block it all out and try to enjoy what is left.
    Trouble is, those slimy little bastards that are pulling all this stuff just love that attiude. They get fat in it. They roll in it. They get all happy with it.
    Bob, the Say, this does get you down a bit.:reallymad