(NFR) Tired of the F&^%$& language

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by jessejames, Jul 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Scoones

Chris Scoones Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Tired of the F&^%$& language

You mean babysits, not censors. Right? I think you do. So would this group like me to spend more time babysitting the language back into check or is that something you adults can mend on your own?

Anyway... Those feeling the need to swear all the time should give it a rest. The rest of you who are 'concerned' over this might loosen up a bit.

Chris

2. Allison

Allison Banned or Parked

At my church, the use of profanity is taught by learning by example. Unfortunately for many, the pastor is Mother Nature. She's not shy, and if weather conditions dictate, for example, sometimes it's best to batten down and SHUT THE FUCK UP and listen to your mother.

She's just trying to make a point, so let's not let tender ears get in the way of our excellent hearing.

3. roadhog

roadhog professional freight relocator

hey jesse again i am with you on this. people that have responded by using the f-bomb out of spite "just to make a point" must not have the vocabulary god gave a walnut to not come up with anything better (worm). all the years i have known you (34) i have only heard profanity maybe 5 times and all of those were when injured or hurt and never the f- word. stick to your guns jesse im right there with ya. roadhog. :thumb:

4. John Hicks

John Hicks Owner and operator of Sea Run Pursuits

Media:
    Home Page:

iagree Don't you guys have anything better to do than bash eachother? Yes profanity is a fact of life, and like married sex, it doesn't have to happen all the time to be enjoyed. But like married sex if it never happens that is borring. Just my thoughts on the matter.

5. flybill

flybill Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!

Media:

iagree Chris, no need to babysit us! This should be an issue we as a group can deal with on our own, without having the moderator's come in an deal with it for us. Does that mean there won't be any swearing, no way, but maybe some can think a bit more before doing it.

Cheers!
    Bill :cool:

6. Denny

Denny Active Member

Media:

iagree This is too funny. Just last week I found myself thinking what you just stated. I am a little surprised the web moderators don't blast those particular responses . . .

Interesting thread. I can tell by some the responses, though, some folks just don't get it. Just because you can do something doesn't necessarily mean you should or that it's appropriate. :thumb:

7. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

Media:
    Albums:

I have found this thread very useful for screening those I would fish with in the future.

8. theworm

theworm Member

Media:

All I am saying is, "Get a real problem". I don't make a practice of taggin' the forum with F-bombs, but I could care less if someone else does. Do you yourself a favor and and ignore the little annoyances in life.

PS: Thank you to the people who do posts informative information. This is a pretty neat site all in all.

9. Kyle Smith

Kyle Smith Active Member

Media:

It pretty much comes down to respect. Treat everyone on here with respect. Don't alienate anyone, and if you have a personal problem with someone, use PM's and cuss all you want. I know that people my dad's age use this site, and even though my dad has a foul mouth, at 23 I still don't cuss around him too much. Now let's all go fishing and come back and post reports, not reports of "bangin' chicks" or those "f-ing poachers" or whatever colloquialisms you people like to throw into every other sentence.

10. Ken II

Ken II LIB

Media:

Dude, you need to get over the bangin chicks part.

11. Dipsnort

Dipsnort New Member

Ditto.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.