NFR-Wanted duck hunting mentor/guide

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Roper, Sep 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roper

Roper Idiot Savant

Media:
    I'd like to try my hand a few ducks this fall. I have always been an upland hunter though and don't know squat about ducks. I'd like to either hunt with someone who knows the sport or get a recommendation for a guided hunt.
    If I head out with someone from the forum, I'd pay for gas, food, or whatever suits them, not looking for a free ride, just an introduction to hunting for ducks.

A plus would be non-smoking/drinking set up, but beggars can't be too choosy.

2. wet line

wet line New Member

Roper,
    Well with a little luck I plan on chasing a few ducks this fall and you are more than welcome to come along.
    The local production of birds is down again this year and the northern production is also down.
    I generally hunt the Potholes area by Moses Lake and will sometimes range down to Mattawa.
    Mostly I hunt small wadeable ponds that are out of the way and take a bit of walking to get too.
    Hopefully we won't get a year like last year when it got cold early and stayed that way keeping the birds that were around on the big river.
    My success is spotty. Some years I get out enough to get the feel of where the birds are and will do quite well. Other years I don't get out enough to ever really locate the birds and figure out their patterns. Scouting is a big key to success.
    Send me an e-mail if you are interested.

Dave

3. Great white hunter

Great white hunter New Member

Home Page:
    I mainly go after geese and I dont even own a duck call but we tend to shoot quite a few pass shooting. If you are interested Id be glad to take you this season if you wish. I hunt the Columbia on mostly pvt property, and I smoke but I can easily refrain from doing it in the blind if it bothers the person Im with.

4. D3Smartie

D3Smartie Active Member

Media:
    Roper- You are more than welcome to come out and hunt with me once I get back from school in december. I usually hunt ducks in the mornings and then go chase quail in the afternoons although occasionally we find some great duck shoots in the pm.
    I mainly hunt alone so a partner would be welcome for some comapny in the blind.
    shoot me an e-mail
    dssmart@pepperdine.edu

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.