(NFR) Wild day in Wenatchee

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Big Tuna, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Big Tuna

Big Tuna Member

Media:
    Yesterday the Wenatchee area was hit w/ a wind storm like the Puget Sound was hit with a few weeks back. Winds on Mission Ridge hit 136 mph and in the Wenatchee area they got up to 120 mph. Trees down all over the place, power out to the southern half of the town, roofs blown off, etc. I even had friends that had their pictures windows blown out and doors blown in. I had a 55'-60' blue spruce go down in my back yard. Fortunately, it landed between my house and the neighbors and just took out a portion of fence. The spruce right next to it held up. Hopefully it will survive tomorrow. We're supposed to have high winds again tomorrow...up to 55 mph. Could be another interesting day. On Wed. the temps. will drop down to single digits after 40-45 degrees today. What a wierd year for weather.

2. gt

gt Active Member

Media:
    NFR- Wild day in Wenatchee

ahhh, this is what climate change looks like on the ground.

3. chadk

chadk Be the guide...

Media:

:rofl:

4. Itchy Dog

Itchy Dog Some call me Kirk Werner

Media:
    Home Page:

JD- I wondered if you had any damage when I heard what the winds were up to over there. Glad nothing too serious. 120mph winds make for difficult presentation, yes? Batten down the hatches, they're calling for more of the same here tomorrow. Then snow.

Jim Foreman is about to see his finest hour.

5. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:

We had the same thing over here in Montana on sunday. The wind came out of the west. A way that it normally does not come from. It blew all the siding off of the south side and some off the north side of the house I'm living in. The trees that are standing all had nice bends them,but none came down. It came down out of the hills blowing and it almost knocked me down. So it had to be blowing at a good clip.

HArd to get news here as living in the outback. Sometimes it feels like I'm out here in no mans land.

The wind usually comes out of the south and sometimes out of the north. But it blows here just about every day so one doesn't notice it.

Jim

6. Jeremy Floyd

Jeremy Floyd fly fishing my way through life

Media:

I built a house for one of my bro's that is in the small community a couple miles below mission ridge. I haven't heard anything dramatic from him so they must have weathered the storm.

7. Steve Buckner

Steve Buckner Mother Nature's Son

Media:
    Home Page: