Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Nice little Cutty

3K views 42 replies 9 participants last post by  Tony Polizzi 
#1 ·
Largest of many cutts and salmon smolts (??) caught today . Many many chum fry out there.
Not a big one by any means but a nice fish that came out of the water and dove on my flatwing with a vengeance.
Jack View attachment 27626

#39 ·
I was using this smaller poxy chum fry pattern that was producing great for me early on, But there is so much bait in the water that Ive been switching to less sparse and more flash to get my pattern noticed amongst the hordes of smolt where ive been fishing lately. Did you get any fish on the one I gave you Jack? Or did you explode it on the rocks like I usually do.:)
Artificial fly Insect Arthropod Fishing bait Fishing lure

#40 ·
I was using this smaller poxy chum fry pattern that was producing great for me early on, But there is so much bait in the water that Ive been switching to less sparse and more flash to get my pattern noticed amongst the hordes of smolt where ive been fishing lately. Did you get any fish on the one I gave you Jack? Or did you explode it on the rocks like I usually do.:) View attachment 27767
Pat, I forgot to tell you.
Nailed a few cutts with the fly and then "retired" it before I lost/damaged it. Have it in my box.
Jack

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.