NICK CLAYTON

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Frenchie, Nov 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frenchie Member

Vancouver, BC
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Has anyone seen or heard from Nick recently?

We had a deal to swap a rod for a rod and reel almost 2 months ago, and while the rod I sent has been received, the stuff I was supposed to get has not been received. I also haven't had a response from Nick in over a month.

I hope everything is alright, and hope that he is just busy or something, but 2 months is a bit long to wait, not to mention not hearing from him!

I can be reached through here or at monkeyon your back@ hotmail . Com (just remove spaces)

Any help or info would be much appreciated. He seems to be a stand up guy, I have waited a long time, and well frankly I now fear I've been ripped off.

Jon
  2. Wadecalvin Member

Redmond Oregon
    Ratings: +11 / 0
    Not only is Nick a stand up guy, he is THE stand up guy. I had a very similar situation with him last year- only to find out his brother had been in a bad accident and Nick flew out of state to be by his side. He was absolutely horrified at the thought of not completing his end of the deal. When the dust finally settled (he had his fiance take care of the correspondence and shipping) and and I received the rod it was in great shape, the best packaging I've ever seen on a rod deal. Several members vouched for him and I will too. I'm sure you will hear from him shortly, or others have been in contact with him. He's a very good guy. I hope he is ok.
  3. Frenchie Member

Vancouver, BC
    I hope all is well also. It just seems like a really, really long time.
  4. Frenchie Member

Vancouver, BC
    Bump. Anyone friends with nick that could pass on that i need to contact him?

Nick are you out there?

Jon
  5. Tyler Speir Artist

Puyallup, WA
    Ratings: +12 / 0
    last time he was on the site was 10-27-2011 11:05 PM.

Hope everything is ok.
  6. PT Physhicist

Edmonds, WA
    Ratings: +699 / 2
    +1...

Anyone have contact info? Mumbles..?
  7. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,324 / 9
    Unfortunately I've not chated up with Nick in a while, about the last time he was on the board. I'll check for his digits, unsure I have them though. We've always met and chatted live.
  8. Frenchie Member

Vancouver, BC
    BUMP!

I have called and left a message, 2 unanswered emails, and 5 or 6 unanswered PM"s. I haven't heard from nick in over a month. Either something has happend to him, or I have been ripped off.

Anyone out there that can reach out? He had time to pick his stuff up at the post office, I think my stuff shoulda shipped then. But no word.

HELP!

Jon
  9. Mark Walker Active Member

So. Cal.
    Ratings: +220 / 1
    He may be in Texas. His brother had some serious issues a few months back.
    Just a thought.
  10. Frenchie Member

Vancouver, BC
    I definately hope so. With that being said, I would like to get to the bottom of this.

Jon
  11. bouface Member

Portland, OR
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    Now it shows his last activity as 11-14-2011 11:12 AM. I'm sure Nick is as good a guy as everyone says, but he was logged on last week so I wonder what's up. Also, I just gotta say Frenchie has been quite the stand up guy by having such a good attitude and playing it cool. I hope everything works out.
  12. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +651 / 5
    I don't know Nick but don't think that because he was logged in that HE was logged in. Both my son and my wife like to read the board. They don't have accounts so will show me logged in when its not me. Then I'll get info from them a week later there was a message. Sure enough I'll head into my PMs and there's a message there for me.

That's not a defense for him but a possibility.
  13. Frenchie Member

Vancouver, BC
    I'm trying to stay cool. There is nothing to suggest that I am in fact being ripped off. S*** happens in life ALL THE TIME. I hope everything is ok, and everything works out. I'd just like to hear from him.

Jon
  14. boboo_3 Cool Member

Dallas, TX
    Ratings: +16 / 0
    it's very uncool to take someone's equipment on trade and not respond for a long period. I would need to be in a coma to not respond. Hopefully, that is not the case and you can just chew his ass if he comes back on the net.
  15. Frenchie Member

Vancouver, BC
    One more bump.

I hate to say it, but I think I was ripped off. I have phoned, pm'd, emailed, and sent him a message on facebook. No returns. I have not heard from him at all since he picked up his rod from the post office, in early october.

Its really too bad. I have dealt with a lot of fine people over the internet, this is my first time being burned this bad. The only other time was when I traded a pristine condition rod, for an old beat up boot, that was said to be in fine form. oh well. I guess I'll be keeping things face to face from now on.

Jon
  16. Tyler Speir Artist

Puyallup, WA
    Ratings: +12 / 0
    What rod were you getting from him?
  17. Frenchie Member

Vancouver, BC
    We were supposed to swap my Amundson 1134 for his TFO 6wt Ticr-x and the hardy uniqua.

We aren't talking a high dollar deal here, which is another reason that I have been lax with the timing.

Jon
  18. Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Somewhere on the Coast
    Ratings: +539 / 0
    Kudos for your continued patience, Jon! As of yet, we don't know what Nick's situation is.
  19. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +651 / 5
    Be interesting to find out what's wrong. Heard he's a standup guy. Will say this, when my Dad was passing, and then I had to figure out his finances and estate, I let everything else go the wayside. Pissed some guys off, but family was first. I did make good on all my transactions. But it just isn't a coma that'll stop someone, if you're close family member is in need, sometimes you have zero time, and don't even think about anything but them. I was focused on my Dad 24/7 for that last week and had no time for anything but getting his finances and stuff in order after his passing.
  20. MDL We work to become, not to acquire.

Gig Harbor, WA
    I bought a rod from him and made a face to face transaction. He seemed to be a nice guy and if he does have some family issues I know it can be hard to deal with. But on another note if you you contacted him through all means usually people do check e-mail, voice mail or texting. Hope it works out and you hear something.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.