NICK CLAYTON

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Frenchie, Nov 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freestone

Freestone Not to be confused with freestoneangler

Media:
    I don't know Nick's situation but I agree with Jerry; sometimes life blind-sides you and things that would otherwise be important get put on the back burner. A couple of years ago, my sister, who no one knew was sick, not even her, was given a week to live. In the weeks that followed, nothing but my family mattered - not my job, bills, anything, not even fishing. I hope all is well with Nick...

2. Josh Smestad

Josh Smestad aka Mtnwkr

Hey Buddy, I hate to do this but we see you posting a few times a week on your facebook and checking in here. Man up and take care of your business! Jon has been patient enough!

3. Frenchie

Frenchie Member

I agree that something could be happening, but a simple look at his facebook wall, and it seems he is living life as usual. making random posts, about the weather, his cold, work.

I just don't buy that he is too busy. The last contact I had from him was early october, and he gave me a similar situation that WadeCalvin posted about last year, almost EXACTLY the same actually. He said he was away from home with a family emergency, and he would contact me when he got back. His facebook post from that day was him fishing with his son.

I first thought something was wrong because the postoffice was holding the package I sent, and it wasn't being picked up. He said he was away and that he would get it when he got home. He also said he would look into what he had sent, saying he received a return to sender or something. the next week, he picked up his package. The only reason I know that is because the tracking number said "successfully delivered". I sent his rod out the day after we began talks. that was september 16. In between september 16 and no I have probably sent him 10-15 pm's and he responded to 2.

In fact, the more I think about it, the shadier it gets.

buyer beware guys.

Jon

4. boboo_3

boboo_3 Cool Member

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

5. Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry Daschofsky Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    I can't tell which Nick Clayton is his. He younger or older? Only 40 came up, and two I could see in WA.

6. boboo_3

boboo_3 Cool Member

I think he's 32

7. Frenchie

Frenchie Member

8. Frenchie

Frenchie Member

Nick just posted about being hungry and eating a cat... doesn't seem like life is upside down. I've gone through some serious loss, and I know how easy it is to shut down, but I dont think you post about being hungry on facebook, if something major has happend. I have been ripped off. It is very evident that I am being dodged. 0 attempt to contact me, or rectify anything. I think I have given plenty of time, plenty of patience, plenty of benefit of the doubt. now i'm calling BS.

Jon

9. boboo_3

boboo_3 Cool Member

latest post on FB:

Nick Clayton
    In the ferry headed to the apple cup. Don't have anything too witty to say but all these Cougar fans can suck it!
    Share · 7 minutes ago near Bainbridge Island, WA ·

10. boboo_3

boboo_3 Cool Member

FB shows he bought a new travel trailer a couple months ago(?)

11. jaybo41

jaybo41 Member

I absolutely hate seeing threads like this on any board of any topic, but especially in the fly fishing community. This just sucks that it even comes to this--the guessing game. I am hopeful there has been some sort of mistake and or a legitimate explanation for the delay. Kudos Jon for being patient and for being stand up about this situation. Here's to getting this resolved. I'm not a long time member but this is a good forum you guys have here.

On another board, there are such things as trader comments or points where by when you make a trade on the forum, you can leave feedback for both buyer and seller to help each member establish credibility. You can still get burned if somebody with good credibility turns around and stiffs you but maybe that would help?

12. Rob Ast

Rob Ast Active Member

Media:
    Just so you know, I do not believe that facebook page belongs to the Nick Clayton you are looking for. Nick lives in Bremerton and the guy on facebook lives in Port Angeles

13. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Media:
    Home Page:
    +1, I don't think that's him. Doesn't appear to be him in the pics on there either.

edit:: there are some fishing photos in there. hmmm

14. Jerry Daschofsky

Media:
    Home Page:
    I've never met him. So have no idea what he looks like. Do know the Nick from Port Angeles has one fly fishing photo on there. Has anyone who's truly met him can confirm that's him?

15. Josh Smestad

Josh Smestad aka Mtnwkr

16. Jerry Daschofsky

Media:
    Home Page:
    Yup, that would be same pic.....ding ding ding winner winner chicken dinner.

17. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Media:
    Home Page:
  18. Jerry Daschofsky

Media:
    Home Page:
    I put minimal in. Before I start doing Moderator duties, want to get both sides of story. But what I did see, that pic was a dead on match. Message sent on my part.

19. Josh Smestad

Josh Smestad aka Mtnwkr

I've fished with Nick a few times. He always seemed like a stand up guy and was a pleasure to fish with. I feel bad calling him out publicly but this has just gotten silly and I believe Jon has been patient enough.

20. Frenchie

Frenchie Member

I really appreciate the support fellas. I'm not out to flame anyone. If there is an issue that has prevented him from contacting me, then by all means, in the realm of life, a couple fishing things are insignificant. BUT it appears that he is infact fine.

Jon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.