Nooksack, south fork

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by steve, Feb 16, 2002.

1. steve

steve New Member

Has anyone fished the South Fork on the Nooksack recently? I'm thinking about going up there on Monday and was curious if anyone has had any luck. Flies, water conditions, ect. would be appreciated.
    -Steve

2. Greg Moore

Greg Moore New Member

Checking to see if anyone has been on the river recently? I'll be up that way early next week and may have some extra time to flip a line. Would appreciate any info on river conditions, what flies are hot and suggestions on where to gain access since I'll be on foot. Never been up there so I'm a real rookie! Thanks! :THUMBSUP

Greg

3. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:
    I've only been to the S/Fork once and that was last year about this time. I was up toward the salmon hatchery and the river was wadeable up there. I would like to go again but it's just to far to drive. I guess or think that I'm getting lazy. Where I was was off Saxon rd. Jim S. :THUMBSUP

4. steve

steve New Member

I fished the North fork on Monday and it was running fast, clear and low. You might try the south fork near Nugents corner. From what I've been hearing thats probably the best spot right now for fly guys.
    -Steve