North Fork CDA Streamflow

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Foothillstrout, May 6, 2013.

1. I know with these warm temperatures we have been experiencing that run off is really closing in. I am new to the area and was wondering at what cfs does the NF CDA become unsafe to wade. As of right now the Prichard ID gauge says 2380 cfs, I was thinking about trying to head out that way but am unsure at what cfs levels become unsafe and would be better if I just stayed at home. Also if anyone knows the same type of levels for the St Joe as well. Thank you for the help.

2. Jmills81

Jmills81 The Dude Abides

watch the NWS forecast for the both rivers. Then watch the statistical averages for the date. Should give you a better picture

The Joe seems to fish best under 4k. Just be careful and stay out of the heavy stuff!!

3. Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson dirty dog

I've seen that river get scary, bad ass.

4. Eric Denny

Eric Denny It's summer time I'm fishing!!

There are still a ton of places that you can fish from shore with soft pockets. I have been out there a couple weeks a go once it was right around 2000cfs and the other time it was up over 2600cfs but I wasn't really trying to wade. I am going out this after noon around 2:30 and if you want to know how it went p.m. me or check out the group fly fishing eastern washington and norther idaho. I will put a report in there about how it went what I used and landed.

5. Eric Denny

Eric Denny It's summer time I'm fishing!!

was a good day!!!