North Fork Roads?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by fsbii, Jun 16, 2002.

1. fsbii New Member

Ratings: +0 / 0
    Was thinking of heading way up past the NF of the snoqualmie to do some alpine lake hiking and stuff :WINK . Gonna follow the warehouser roads and was wondering how far up past gate SR 10 i will be able to get? Do i need a permit? Any special hours that the gates are open or closed? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Scott
  2. Scott Salzer previously micro brew

Ratings: +205 / 0
    To get past the Spur 10 gates, you will need a pass. I think they are $65. As I recall, gates open at 0700 on weekends and 1500 on week days. Be advised, the gate is closed on the 4th of July. There is no overnight camping on the Weyco land, so any hikes would be day hikes.
  3. Gizler New Member

Seattle, Washington, USA.
    I drove all the way up the North Fork road to a little ways after the spot were Sunday Creek enters the North Fork last spring. It appeared to me that I could have continued on even further if I wanted to. I was told by the watchdog at the spur 10 gate that it is a county road and as long as you stay on it no permit is required.
  4. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,659 / 0
    I might be old---but I'm good.

I went up there this spring just took check it out and when I got to the gate I could have gone straight ahead as there was no gate there. But there were gates to the left and to the right. Jim
  5. Scott Salzer previously micro brew

Ratings: +205 / 0
    You are correct. You can go straight on the county road. You only need the pass to get through the gates.
    Look for female harlequin ducks / young on the North Fork.
  6. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt

Thank you and how far can you go up that road. Jim S.
  7. Randy Knapp Active Member

Warm Springs, Virginia, USA.
    You can go out the NF County road about 20 miles I think. As long as you don't go through gates your fine. You've got The NF of the Snoqualmie, Lennox Creek, and a bunch of alpine lakes and beaver ponds that you can access without a pass.

I might add that you can hike into other lakes as long as you don't mind a 1/2 mile to 2 mile hike from the county road.

Randy
  8. hikepat Patrick

Des Moines, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +12 / 0
    It goes up quite aways and has camping toward the top or at least as far as the snow line would let me go about 3 weeks ago when I was checking out the area. I drove up for about 60 minutes or more past the two side gates. There is the river to fish up there but the fish are small and few in numbers from what I can tell and from some other fly fishers I talked to up there. As far as I went was were the road forks across the river and turns into many narrow one lane trail roads.
  9. fsbii New Member

WOW, thanks everyone for the info. I headed up there on monday afternoon and did some looking around. We went way up and did some hiking. The rivers aren't quite so high up there, but don't think there are many fish in them, not too big atleast. The county road was open and in pretty good shape all the wway to the end!! No permit as long as you stay on the main county road.

Scott
  10. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt

I would like to thank you all for this good info. I am going to go there Wed and give it a try as I'm getting tired of staying home and beating on this computer.

Small fish are fine at least it's something. And I can get used to using my new fly line, that Cortland 555. Jim S. :BIGSMILE
  11. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt

Well I went there yesterday. It was a good day for a drive. Went as far up that road to where the road crosses the river. Turned around came back. When the rivers deceide to come down to a reasonable fishing shape I might go back up there,but now is just not the time. Jim
  12. onthereel New Member

auburn, wa, us.
    i went up to sunday lake last weekend and got there a little late, had to stop and help some dudes with a flat, then we followed them up as we hadn't been there before. they had, but didn't remember the trail very well. so, long story short, got to the lake, many fish rising, but no luck. the spin fisherman were doing quite well though.
    wind picked up and then i couldn't keep my little raft from drifting into the shore.

maybe next time.