North MA 10/South MA 9 Scouting

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Benn, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Benn Member

Seattle
    Ratings: +8 / 0
    I've been out the past two days cruising around the shoreline of north MA 10 and South MA 9 looking for schools of fish moving in and fishing some usual spots. I've seen nothing substantial on the east side and a few fish here and there on the west side... a few rollers and jumpers but nothing consistent. Trolled flies and cast along various beaches. I've hooked up here and there, but nothing consistent....a couple cutts, about a 3lb Chinook (released), and a nice resident silver (bonk). LLRed a couple decent fish I never saw.

The fish checker at the ramp this morning said guys were doing well for Chinook in MA 10. Most boats at the ramp I saw had one in the cooler. One guy had a nice ocean silver, likely 8 to 10 lbs caught off Shilshole. I did not see any pinks, but the checker said she had logged in a half dozen by about 9 AM this morning.
  2. Benn Member

Seattle
    The resident coho have been about as thick as I have ever seen them the past two days along several beaches in this area. Had two limits in the cooler by 8:30 Am today trolling shock-and-awes (two of us fishing). They seem to be running a little smaller this year, but still a few nice fish worked in.

Has anybody found any pinks to speak of in the Central Sound? I know guys working deep for Chinook in the shipping lanes and off the Kingston Ferry have been picking a few up here and there, but where are these gazillion fish everyone has been waiting for? I plan to take my kids out this weekend and would love to get them into a school of pinks particularly between Kingston and BI!

PM me with some hints on any pinks and I'll be happy to share details on where I've been hitting the coho!
  3. Dawg New Member

Bellevue. WA
    Ratings: +9 / 0
    Kyle Smith likes this.
  4. Benn Member

Seattle
    Didn't get out with the kids this weekend, but we managed a few more silvers on Friday. Fish were thick, even if the bite was not as good as it was on Thursday. Will try again this week one or two days, but I am back to work this week so won't be hitting it as hard.