North Seattle beach report

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Kcahill, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Kcahill

Kcahill Active Member

I headed north this morning since the amount of window lickers in the Tacoma beach area amaze me.

Fished the incoming tide from dawn until crest of high tide with only a few follows and a couple of boils. Took a break to get some coffee and came back on the fastest portion of the ebb tide and quickly got into 4-5 fish on surface poppers. Soon after a seal or 2 moved through and the fishing absolutely died.

There were a bunch of chum moving up a small creek and it looked like the city had set up a viewing area, there were a number of family's there to see the fish and it was nice seeing the park utilized and some education on salmon going on.

Weather: Pouring and low 40's
    Fly: Surface Popper(what you would get if you mixed lelands popper with Larrys Popsicle stick colors and tied it on a tube)
    Fish: Mix of SRC and Rezzies

Ybsong likes this.
  2. Preston

Preston Active Member

Whoa, you've given far too much information on the location. It'll undoubtedly be overrun by anglers now.

3. Kcahill

Kcahill Active Member

Calm down nerd, no need to be posting stuff like that.

4. yellowlab

yellowlab Active Member

Nice job KC, thanks for the report.

5. Stonefish

Stonefish Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater

I saw you down there when I took a spin through yesterday.
    Thanks for the report.

6. Kcahill

Kcahill Active Member

Did you do the little natures walk they had set up? I have never seen so many people around there in the fall. It was really nice to see it getting used by people besides dog walkers.

7. Stonefish

Stonefish Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater

No, just took a spin through to look at some fish.

8. Puget Sound Pimp

Puget Sound Pimp Banned or Parked

This is to much info, Mike T may get on your case.

9. Kcahill

Kcahill Active Member

Calm down skippy, that is not needed.

ten80 and underachiever like this.
  10. Mark Mercer

Mark Mercer Member

Great report Kcahill, it's nice to not only hear about the fishing but the weather, tides, all animal life, just the general
    feel for the day and how the day went. I think you did a nice job with the correct amount of info.