Number 1 Reason to Buy a Spey Rod

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by gbeeman, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Brent Comer

Brent Comer Member

Media:
    Gordon, only a handfull of folks around here can use that one!

2. Steelie Mike

Steelie Mike Active Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    A new challenge!

3. alaskahole

alaskahole dancing engineering flyfisherman

Catches more fish. Two cold hard steel, first time out!!

4. john wells

john wells New Member

Media:
    mending line, casting farther easier, bigger flies to whack yourself in the nogen with and harder to forget and drive off when it's leaning against the pickup bawling:aint about being cool I gave that up when I choose a scottish daiwaii instead of a sage 18 years ago

5. Nooksack Mac

Nooksack Mac Active Member

John, there's nothing uncool about a made-in-Scotland Daiwa spey rod. They're the rrrrrreal deal, authentically from the Mother Country; especially the Alltmor series. To be sure, these were designed by a Japanese: the hornorable Nobuo Nodera, whose new company, CND, makes a much-admired line of spey rods.

6. john wells

john wells New Member

Media:
    no worrys here I love that rod still fish with it and it has handled plenty of fish :thumb:

7. speyghillie

speyghillie speyghillie

Hi Guy's
    Just thought i would let you know that Diawa UK are going to bring out a new range of rods desiged by my buddy Scott Mackenzie, Scott is the world distance record holder, never been beaten in competition anywhere, and that the Alltmor line is to be finished.
    The name Alltmor comes from the burn/stream that runs through Harry at Clan rods garden, this is where Diawa got the name, as Harry hand finished rods for Diawa years ago, Diawa could'nt hand finish the rods for the Japanse market as good as Harry.
    I will have Scott and some of the other guy's at the Spey gathering i'm hosting in BC, with all the new rods and lines from the UK.
    Gordon (speyghillie).

8. john wells

john wells New Member

Media:
    are these new rods going to be avaible in u.s. retail? I purchased my over the phone and had it shipped years ago{no internet sales then } from the Uk through the us postal pm me with the 411 I'm shopping for a couple new rods in winter and summer weights also looking for a used salmon 3 to go with my no 1 any clues besides e-bay got last second jacked on the last one I was on cant sit on the computer all day

9. speyghillie

speyghillie speyghillie

Hi John,
    I will find out this week if i can, i think the rods should be out over here in a couple of months, i am off to Washington with some Clan rods for Jack Cook, and i will be away for three week.
    Daiwa have a great reputation in the UK, they have been making Double-handed rods for years, not just jumped on the band wagon, and i know that the rods Scott is developing will be great , i got to try them down the river with Scott, and they are goooood.:thumb:

10. speyghillie

speyghillie speyghillie

Hi John,
    I have'nt had a chance to find out if the Diawa rods Scott is developing are going to be available in the US , i am getting on a plane to Vancouver in the morning, and then travelling to Washington and a few places in BC, so i will have to wait til i get back to Scotland to find out, away for three week, but i will post when i get back.
    Cheers Gordon. (speyghillie).