Nunally help please.

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Thomas Williams, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Thomas Williams

Thomas Williams Habitual Line Stepper

I've been doing some research and would like to give it a try tomoro. I know its a bit more of a hike than lenice but I don't mind as long as its doable. I have a frameless pontoon boat and would like to just inflate it and carry it up on my shoulders. Looking at Google maps out looks like there is a road that goes pretty much up to the lake. Is it blocked or something so that people cannot access it? Do I have to negotiate anything that risks puncturing my raft? What side is the best to access it from? Any help will be greatly appreciated. I'm driving 3 hours so I'd like to be prepared. Thanks guys.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

2. Matt Baerwalde

Matt Baerwalde ...

Media:
    You can't drive in. Park at the access south of the lake. You'll be fine carrying your boat in. It's no big deal, just a little stroll through the sand.

3. Scott Salzer

Scott Salzer previously micro brew

There are two parking areas, one at the faw west end, with the outhouse and another a bit farther down the road. Like Matt said, all access on the south side. A word of warning, don't go up the road (which is private) to the only house on the lake, with the air strip, you are not welcome there.

It isn't a bad walk and you just have to keep the boat out of the sage and away from the barbed wire laying about, and away from the Russian olives - they have thorns.

You won't be alone and the parked cars will tip you off to the parking area.

4. Thomas Williams

Thanks for the help guys. I see the parking area on google. Looks like ill be giving it a go. Gonna fish sun up till sun down. Leaches and c-mids. I didn't plan on going over to that airfield however tempting haha. That guys livin the dream over there huh. If I were him I would be flying my little plane to Montana and everywhere else non stop.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

5. Scott Salzer

Scott Salzer previously micro brew

I just didn't want you to see that road to the house and take it as access. You will catch some fish. BTW - It may be a little plane but not stock....

Thomas Williams likes this.
  6. Thomas Williams

I ended up fishing Lenice not really sure why I changed plans at the last second. Fishing was good. I caught 20+ fish. Almost every one tested my drag and went air born. They were fat little footballs. No Tigers which I was hoping to catch. I guess there arent many left in there. TONS of people on the lake. There was a complete ring around the lake of bobber watchers. I fish C-mids occasionally but do not dedicate my entire day to it. Most success for me came of a new wine and brown colored bloody leach I tied.. around 5pm an gnarly wind kicked up and sent most people packing. I was the last guy off the lake. With a 3 hour drive im getting my moneys worth.A great day in all. Left with a sore arm. Next time I will 100% fish Nunally. Rob I will get the photos up today for you. I have them.