Nunnally/Lenice Night fishing?

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Curtis, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Curtis

Curtis New Member

Will be camping there thursday and friday night. Anyone do any night fishing over there?? Weather reports calling for possibility of snow thurday night.bawling: Need some way to stay warm!
    besides :beer1:

Thanks!!

2. Wayne Jordan

Wayne Jordan Active Member

I'd be more worried about the wind in the forecast at this point. It might be a little early for night fishing, but who knows. Some of those bigger fish might be feeding at night due to all the traffic/chaos during the day.

3. Matt Paluch

Matt Paluch Member

Night fishing at Lenice and Nunnally is a special experience. You should do it every chance you get. I'm usually getting on the water there as everyone else is leaving, even early in the season.

4. wolverine

wolverine Member

Night fishing is good. When the sun goes down the non english speakers show up with worms and dough bait.

5. Curtis

Curtis New Member

I will be sure to bring the pea shooter. .22

6. ascender

ascender New Member

No, just walk back to the parking lot and bobby trap their tires to pop when they leave, does the trick and makes those fish expensive. They will likely never see as it's dark and it doesn't look like you went back

Tag "I'm a poacher" on their car.

The best though is to then syphon the gas and save yourself some cash.

7. Dale Dennis

Dale Dennis Formally Double-D

You can also pick up some nice fish during the day (which I prefer). This was my partner last Thursday, there was a brown picked up in our group almost the same size (no photo). Notice the two flies in his nose. We pulled them out and sent him on his way.
    View attachment 13190

8. Wayne Jordan

Wayne Jordan Active Member

That's a beautiful Tiger Trout!

9. Matt Paluch

Matt Paluch Member

Nice fish Double D. The jealousy has set in as I haven't made it down to Lenice or Nunnally yet this year.

10. Scott Salzer

Scott Salzer previously micro brew

D-D:

I heard about that fish last weekend. Nice to see the picture.

MB

11. dp

dp ~El Pescador

nice fish. I fished Lenice on Tuesday and got into a lot of the recently planted little tigers. Plus a couple of average rainbows, all chiro fishing.
    Then the wind came up about 2:00 and we called it a day.

dp

12. Skinner Wood

Skinner Wood Skin.Man

Buy the way we released this fish promptly!

13. Curtis

Curtis New Member

Well, the night fishing, only one night was good. Landed two in the last 30 minutes of light. At dark, well, it was too damn dark. I will upload a picture tomorrow.

14. jabseattle

jabseattle jabs

Curtis- Did you fish Nunnally or Lenice at night?

15. Porter

Porter Active Member

I'm more of a troller at night....cast short let out some line and kick away(float tubing)....amazing how they see dark flies/leeches at night..but they do.

16. Curtis

Curtis New Member

lenice

17. Skinner Wood

Skinner Wood Skin.Man

Buy the way this is the brown DD refered to.