Nunnally on Sunday

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by dp, Oct 24, 2013.

1. dp

dp ~El Pescador

wrapping up the salmon season and now time to start hitting the Ea Wa lakes this Fall. My buddy was on Lenice last week. His report was that the fish were on the small side (nothing over 14") and about 20 people on the lake. Needless to say he was disappointed. We are heading over this Sunday and we will be fishing Nunnally for a change. It has been awhile since I have fished this lake, but based on some of the reports, I figured it is worth a shot and less crowded.
    Look us up if you decide to come over. safe travels

dp

2. Ron Olsen

Ron Olsen Member

dp, be aware that it is really tough to launch a pontoon. From the first parking lot, and the left trail, to "normal" spot waters edge is very brushy. When you hit the water, go left along the edge for 50 feet, and it opens up. With two people not so bad. Several spots up lake to lanuch float tubes. Good luck!
    Ronbow

3. dp

dp ~El Pescador

thanks
    looking forward to getting on the water
    anybody ever launched from the far west end of the lake where you can drive along the moving water (outlet water?) and then right up to the edge of the lake?
    the sign just off the road is painted over and shot up. then you run into one of the State signs with the lake information on it. looks like an easy launch - too easy actually.

4. Ron Olsen

Ron Olsen Member

dp, last time I was there someone did just that. Guess that you can plead that there is no sign you can read prohibiting use.
    Ronbow

5. dp

dp ~El Pescador

follow up report. I forgot how far the lake is from the parking lot and pushing a pontoon boat thru sand at times and then blazing a trail down to the lake was some work. We found an opening about mid-lake and tossed the boats in. two other guys launched west of us. Grey day and light rain, never saw the sun, so we stayed layered up all day. We fished the from the middle of the lake to the inlet and then cruised into Bobbi. We caught a lot of small fish (12 inches) along the shore lines of Nunnally and into the channel leading to Bobbi. the small agressive fish were taking buggers readily (any olive color or grey in a size 8). Tied into a couple of fish that broke 14 inches and 1 or 2 that were a legit 16-17 inches. Once in Bobbi, the fish got a little bigger. Nothing over 18 inches for the day though. Thie hike out was a work out but worth the trip. Next time I will skip Nunnally and fish Bobbi and possibly work into Merry. We eac easily caught over 25 fish just nothing big. I say definitely worth the trip and a nice change from Lenice.