Nunya Creek

Discussion in 'Trip Reports with Pics' started by jmara6864, May 13, 2013.

1. If a picture is worth a thousand word then I should need to actually write anything in this post. I hope you enjoy this video of a trip we took two weeks ago.

Phil Fravel, Jslo, Nathan B and 5 others like this.
  2. *Shouldn't

3. nice work. I will be heading to my nunya creek in about 3 weeks for some fun

4. Nunya hasn't been fishing well lately, but Rattlesnake is on fire.

5. Nice jmara I always enjoy your posts.

jmara6864 likes this.
  6. Nice vid, soundtrack needs work though ;)

JesseCFowl likes this.
  7. Nice video...but why even handle that rattler? yikes...look liked he knew what he was doing but :rolleyes: ! (maybe experinience and story behind it....without any notice it comes across as a dumb attempt for entertainment in my view) ...they strike!!!!

8. Moody Blues are cool - I think it works with the video just fine.

9. Fun fact. Almost all rattlesnake bites occur as the result of humans intentionally initiating contact. BUT, I did keep one (caught below lower granite dam) as a pet once...a LONG time ago :D

Nice vid!

10. I have a lot of experience handling them. I've milked them for their venom and I have had a few as pets. Don't worry about me.

11. Not worried. Just rambling :)

12. 70% of rattlesnake bites also involve alcohol...;)

13. don't forget religion. I had an ancestor bit that way. I chose "fish handling" as my offshoot.

Alex MacDonald likes this.
  14. I love the squatch whoops

jmara6864 likes this.
  15. Stellar vid. Don't tell anyone the name of that creek. Even me. I'm dying to know, and even if I did, I'd probably never visit, but the curiousity is killing me.

dcm and jmara6864 like this.
  16. Great vid and music. I'm glad that you showed stalking on your stomach and the snake. Desert creek fishing is about as different from mountain stream fishing as it gets. There's no picture perfect gravel bars that you can stand on and lob out long distance casts. There is fly grabbing brush and spooky trout.

BASS_TURDS likes this.
  17. desert creek fishing tests an individuals vast array of ninja skills
    a picture of me at nunya creek below[​IMG]

18. I think I fished that exact stretch of water 3 weeks ago from what I can see from your video. I caught a few fish and I saw one fish the size you caught but I couldn't get him to bite. But the wind was gusting to 35 mph that day and the casting really sucked. I put down a lot of fish just trying to get the line on the water somewhere. I'm not a snake fan. Thankfully, I only saw one little one the day I was there.

jmara6864 likes this.
  19. It was a little bit windy when we were there not unmanageable though.

20. Here are a few thousand more words from our weekend in the desert...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]