"O" really Costner?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Mingo, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Mingo

Mingo the Menehune stole my beer

So I get this call from a friend last Monday:

"Mingus, did you see the new Fly Rod & Reel?"

"Yeah, it came in the mail Friday, hey did you hear Boot won the Travers and a couple of Yuhina's crayola masterpieces are in it?"

"Yeah cool, but you gotta turn to page 12, you got ripped off!"

So I turn to page 12 and my heart sunk. WFF has been stripmined again, with no thanks, no acknowledgment, no shit............................

Costner, come on man, I know that rotten movie you did as a mercenary-for-hire made $2 and change at the box office, but dammit man, have you zero shame? I mean, a quick float on the Missouri and a couple beers and you show your apprecation like this?

Nice try Bullshit Durham! Get your own freakin' pose next time! You owe me a couple beers and Scoones at least $5.......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

KjusthadtoventstillkindofhurtletsfishSundaymeetmeattheStartupTavthatstingsIthoughtwewerefriendscan'tbelieveyou'ddothiswithoutevenamentionKfeelingabitbetternowcallmelaterKbye.

:rofl:

2. David Loy

David Loy Senior Moment

No s--t! He's been lurking, just trying to pick up some cool.

3. Ethan G.

Ethan G. I do science.. on fish..

Copyright infringement! :rofl:
    -Ethan

4. flybill

flybill Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!

Yeah, and I hear he likes to be called "Chingo" and party down in Mexico and in Hawaii with Ron Jeremy! Bastard! :clown:

Of course, I've been trying to get the nickname "Zingo"... but I'll give up on that lost cause now... :rolleyes:

5. SpeySpaz

SpeySpaz still an authority on nothing

looks like playing a part portraying a bonehead comes pretty easy to him///

6. Rob Zelk

Rob Zelk I swing, therefore i am.

Haha!! Thats some good stuff.

7. I think i have missed something, what did he do that was so bad?
    Cheers
    Richard

8. flybill

flybill Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!

The "O" face! A patented entity from our friend Mingo... sue him Mingo.. go gettem'!! :clown:

9. Jim Wallace

Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

what can you say? The world is goin to hell lately.:( Respect? Can't even find any in a museum.

10. Nate Dutton

Nate Dutton I'm a teacher, I fish to eat!

Gosh Mingo... yours is pretty good...but when you put it on a star like that...wooo he sure does have a face for TV huh!....I mean sue that bastard and shove "the Postman" up his ass...all though "Waterworld" was entertaining to me.

11. tythetier

tythetier Fish Slayer

Mingo, just get him back by putting his face on the brown trout that is *cough* giving you a bit of service..... in your signature....

12. Matt Burke

Matt Burke Active Member

COSTNER! WE KNOW! AND NOW U KNOW WE KNOW!

13. nomlasder

nomlasder Active Member

ipersonnallylikethepostscriptwhereyourpeoplearegoingtocallmypeopletosetupsomefishinggig

14. chattmr

chattmr has never caught a steelhead... (its sad, I know)

The audacity...

[​IMG]

15. wadin' boot

wadin' boot Donny, you're out of your element...

Ok mingo let's not get your panties bunched up, could there have been some artistic borrowing from another A-list actor, McCauley Caulkin...

16. Matt Burke

Matt Burke Active Member

No way. Not the same.

17. alpinetrout

alpinetrout Banned or Parked

Apparently Costner is buddies with Johnny Morris, so he did him a favor by wearing the Bass Pro Shop hat throughout the entire movie. For all we know, he could be a big fan of "the Mingo" and decided to give it some celebrity exposure as well.

18. Denny

Denny Active Member

I just figured he's a Mingo wannabe-in-training! Ain't no one do the "O" like Mingo . . .

Actually, he kinda looks like Mingo . . .

19. Sloan Craven

Sloan Craven Active Member

Kevin Costner, not you too!?!?! We wiggles his way back into respectability with the Open Range and then he has to go and do this?

20. giv'n fatlips

giv'n fatlips Member

Mingo it was only a mater of time till hollywood ripped you off. Looks like you need to start working on your new look. maybe you should try magnum or blue steel. Oh wait