oakland bay fishing

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by John Weston, Oct 13, 2013.

1. John Weston Member

Ratings: +11 / 0
    anybody know if there is any fishing in Oakland bay in Shelton?
    Outlaw
  2. hooknose New Member

artondale, WA
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    chum should be showing up in a week or two...
  3. Speyrod GB Member

Tumwater, WA
    Ratings: +21 / 0
    There are some SRC's there. Have not figured that one out yet. I would be interested in the chumly's though.
  4. John Weston Member

speyrod, what is it you haven't figure out about SRC's in south sound? just wandering.
    Outlaw
  5. Speyrod GB Member

Tumwater, WA
    Ratings: +21 / 0
    Outlaw,
    It's just like the rest of the area, sometimes they are there and sometimes they are not. There are definitely some good looking areas back there. I have never looked for chums back there either. I honestly have not spent a great deal of time in that particular bay. There are other spots closer that I have more confidence in only because I have spent more time at them. Oh darn, now I need to do some more exploring.
  6. Dipnet aka Tim Hartman

Silverdale, WA
    Ratings: +375 / 0
    Yeah, I've been intrigued by some of the beaches I see when I drive down through Shelton on my way to Westport.

A lot of that water looks like SRCs would find it a good place to hang out. But I too have to do some exploring and research.

Oh, the pressure!!!! ;)
  7. John Weston Member

yeah, I have never been there either. I live at carylon beach next to steamboat island and have seen lots of src running around but still I haven't fish em as yet. right now I am looking for chum.
    Outlaw