oarlocks for cataract mini-mag oars

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by chromefinder, May 17, 2012.

1. chromefinder New Member

Ratings: +0 / 0
    I have a Creek Co Flats Raider 9 pontoon boat that came with full size 7 foot Carlisle 3pc oars and full size 5/8 inch shaft oarlocks. I feel these oars are overkill for most of my floats and i want to use my 7.5 foot Cataract rope wrapped and stopped Mini-Mags on this boat.

To support this I need a set of oarlocks with a 5/8'' inch diameter shaft that will accommodate Cataract Mini-Magnum oars. I can't seem to find anything at the usual river supply vendors. Does anyone know of an oarlock like this: 5/8'' shaft and horn opening of 1 5/16" horn opening, 1 3/4" inside diameter made for a Catract Mini-Mag oar of 1 3/8 diameter?

There are plenty of oarlocks out there that would work with 1/2 inch shafts but i need 5/8.

Thanks in advance
  2. speyfisher Active Member

State of Jefferson U.S.A.
    Ratings: +136 / 3
    Contact Sawyer Paddles & Oars. (541) 535-3606
  3. MT_Flyfisher Member

Emigrant, MT
    Ratings: +18 / 0
    Can you get a bushing to slide over the oarlocks that would add the extra 1/8" diameter?

John
  4. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,356 / 9
    I have cobra smalls and they are perfect. I had to fine tune the spread gap, but they are perfect.
  5. BDD Active Member

Ellensburg, WA
    Ratings: +216 / 2
    We make our frames with a standard 5/8 inch oar lock shaft to accommodate the 2 inch oar shafts. If we go to Mini Mags oars, we simply insert a nylon bushing to take up the slack, like MT Flyfisher suggests. Seadog makes them; Chromefinder, if you send me your address, I'll send you a pair. We have used oar locks from NRS and Sawyer, the Outcast oar locks didn't fit quite right for us.
  6. chromefinder New Member

Ratings: +0 / 0
    I found some nylon bushings @ 1.50 each that work

thank you out to everyone that replied