Occupy Skagit Redux

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by _WW_, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Jason Rolfe Wanderer

the beach
    Ratings: +373 / 0
    This is a one day event. Not a months long protest. Chill out, bro.

J
  2. KerryS Ignored Member

Sedro Woolley, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +1,749 / 0
    I posted this to gamefishin.com. I hadn't been on that board for a couple of years. Read a bit of the board and could see nothing has changed. I am sure my posting will get mixed reviews.
  3. fifafu Guest

Ratings: +1 / 0
    Oh I'm chillin out just fine. Sorry to ask a few of simple questions. Toilets? Permit? Notify the authorities?

Not attacks just questions. Again good luck.
  4. _WW_ Fishes with Wolves

Skagit River
    Ratings: +647 / 0
    Toilets - are located at most boat launches and Howard Miller Steelhead Park has some very nice facilities.
    I'm sure you have been out in the woods before and know how to...er...take care of business.
    Permits - Be sure to have your Discover Pass and WDFW Access Pass depending on where you decide to pull over and park.
    Authorities? - I have yet to notify the authorities when I decide to go out and enjoy the great outdoors...unless you mean my wife.

Dude, we aren't renting a site, we aren't selling tickets, it ain't the freaking carnival - we are wading in the river and casting lines with no hooks. I expect you to behave like your mother is watching.

Anyone tries to rape me up there and I'll show 'em something they've never seen before - the other end of that thing.
    Jason Rolfe likes this.
  5. fifafu Guest

Sounds like you got it handled. Good luck.
  6. bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

m-ville
    Ratings: +678 / 0
    Rest assured, most of the people that are going to show up for this event, because of their age will not have the energy to commit any of these crimes .. And its to far out of the way for anybody thats not into steelhead fishing to drive to even if they knew where to go..
  7. miyawaki Active Member

Kent, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +839 / 1
    I hope that after all this you are going to show up?

Leland.
    Jason Rolfe likes this.
  8. fifafu Guest

After all what? Asking 5 or 6 simple questions. No I'm not driving 7 hours on a work day to support an "occupy" event. Leland don't you run a retail shop? Would you take a saturday off in the first couple weeks of your 6 month season? I won't but thanks for asking.

Good luck with your "occupy" Skagit.
  9. bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

m-ville
    Ratings: +678 / 0
    well if I can't bring my corkline ,would my two handed skagit tenkara rod be okay?
  10. KerryS Ignored Member

Sedro Woolley, WA, USA.
    I do have issues with tenkara but they are a personal problem; please show up.
  11. flybill Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!

Have it on my calendar and planning on it!
  12. The Duke Been around

Des Moines, WA
    Ratings: +67 / 0
    Direct your blatantly obvious negativity to another thread that isn't trying to fight for something good. This isn't an anarchist movement. It's a bunch of devoted fishermen making a completely legal statement about the current conditions. Take a step back and see what happens.
  13. fifafu Guest

I stated "good luck" and the bottom of each series of questions. You must have missed it. I was only wondering the logisics of putting together an occupy gathering? I was only asking a simple question.
  14. The Duke Been around

Des Moines, WA
    Ratings: +67 / 0
    I most definitely didn't miss your friendly final words in each of your posts. Claim all you want that you meant well with your posts, but the passive aggressive bull shit was more than obvious.
    Jason Rolfe likes this.
  15. fifafu Guest

So you are calling me a liar?
  16. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,357 / 9
  17. _WW_ Fishes with Wolves

Skagit River
    The logistics are pretty basic - "Hey everyone, lets all show up on the river April 6th and pretend to fish for steelhead."
  18. BDD Active Member

Ellensburg, WA
    Ratings: +216 / 2
    I still love the "if you pretend to manage the state for steelhead, I'll pretend to fish for them" statement.

Count me in, looking forward to it.
  19. KerryS Ignored Member

Sedro Woolley, WA, USA.
    I think he called you passive aggressive which is a long way from being called a liar. Reading comp skills are a must when using the internet.

Come if you want. This is going to happen. We would like for as many as can come to do so.
  20. _WW_ Fishes with Wolves

Skagit River
    Maybe we can put you on the bench in case somebody goes down...