ODC 816 pontoon questions

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by 29guy, Jan 5, 2013.

1. 29guy

29guy Member

Has anyone owned an ODC 816? If so what did/do you think of it and would you recommend it? Are there any short comings?

I am in the market for a pontoon for lake fishing and this one looks like it would fit my need to get it into the back of my Expedition. The knock down aluminum frame and slightly smaller length might just fit. I doubt if I will float any rivers or attach a trolling motor.

Any and all input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. cmann886

cmann886 Active Member

I would seriously consider one of the frameless models for what you have described. I wish that my pontoons were the frameless models and easier to transport. I believe that I would use them more often.

3. bkerbs

bkerbs Member

My ODC 916 is great! My brother in law transports his ODC 1018 in his expedition. I think he ties the frame to the roof and puts the deflated pontoons inside the cab. Small air pump, with a car adapter, will help inflating the pontoons faster than with hand pump. I use an air mattress pump, then top my pontoons off with the hand pump. Creek company makes a good pontoon boat in my opinion.

4. 29guy

29guy Member

Thanks for the feedback. I will be checking out pontoons over the next couple of days.