ODC Super boat (pontoon review)

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by bwtucker83, Feb 17, 2005.

1. bwtucker83 Member

Bellingham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    I'm thinking of getting this boat with my next pay check. Just wondering if anyone has it or has a review on it. This is all I can afford for a pontoon boat but I REALLY want one for the summer. I will be using for moving water and possible some pretty turbulant water. I figure if worse comes to worse I can port it around rapids that aren't floatable. Any advise on this would be great.

http://www.creekcompany.com/indivdisplay.php
    primaryAutoID=6&Department=Pontoon+Boats

Brad
  2. TWD Travis

Kirkland, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    hey Brad,

not familiar with the brand but gave it a quick look; take this from someone that has owned one pontoon and seen probably five more models so no expert

steel frame but clamp on oar locks, would like to see a bolt through here
    pontoons look pretty short
    didn't see any foot pegs but they might be there, really nice to prop your heavy wader boots on

Grab a used outcast, or bucks, budget being tight this is still something that will save your neck when you do something lame someday

cheers, Travis
  3. pwoens Active Member

Spokane, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    I believe "lotech Joe" and "Old Man" have some experience with this boat??? :confused: Maybe pm them??

I have a used Bucks Bags South Fork in the classifieds section. Its real close to your price range and is a fairly big upgrade from the ODC ;)

Best of luck.
  4. Curtis New Member

Bothell
    I own the "lemon" the sport, and feel it is less than adequate. I have had problems ranging from the oar locks coming apart while in use, to the cam locks, which hold the pontoon together, sliding out. About the only river I am considering is the yakima. I would probably spend the extra $100 and get a better boat. I kick myself in the butt all the time for not waiting and getting a better boat. I was looking at this one.
    Seems like a pretty sturdy boat. Good price also.

(direct link to non-sponsor deleted)
  5. Bill Douglas blue collar dirtbag

Olympia, Washington, USA.
    A friend of mine who is wise beyond his years has a saying. "Buy exactly what you want and you only have to buy it once." You really do come out ahead in the long run.
  6. trmcknot New Member

Shelton, WA, USA.
    I didn't get an image when I went to the link, so I didn't see the boat your talking about. I have the ODC 1018 and the 1220. I really like both of them. The Creek ompany boats give you a pretty good bang for the buck. I use them on lakes, salt, and rivers. I've rowed a lot of boats and like these for all kinds of fishing. That's all I have from the not so cheap seats.
    Tom
  7. bwtucker83 Member

Bellingham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    Thanks for all the input everyone. I'm really stuck on this, I just don't think I can justify spending anymore money on a boat but I really want somthing to float on this summer. Tough Decision.

Brad
  8. Jumbo Member

Rural Western Wa, USA.
    Ratings: +9 / 0
    avoid Creek Co. like plague. Bad valves, cheap fabric, poor fittings, etc..
    buy a used bucks or outcast
  9. Shazam New Member

I agree with the previous post--my buddy has one and same thing--cheap vinyl bladders which have split in half 3 times, broken oar locks and the valve system is a very poor design--it is what it is--a cheap pontoon boat. I've had an Outcast for 8yrs and haven't had one issue with it. I would buy a used Outcast / Bucks. I'd stay away from any ODC product. As my dad used to say "You only cry once when you buy quality"