Off Fox Island Report

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by FishFreaky, Jun 29, 2005.

1. FishFreaky New Member

Kent, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Took the little boat off Fox Island. Dropped a couple of crab pots and started casting for some cuts. We fished just outside of the weeds where a few fish were poping the surface. We fished 4 hours caught a couple of smolt salmon useing streamer type flys. No luck on the cuts. 6 nice rock crabs between me and my fishing gal. The Dungies all female, seemed to be a little soft and in 90+ Feet.By the way she caught the fish.

Get out and scout.....
  2. Jim Kerr Active Member

Forks Wa
    Ratings: +119 / 0
    Help me out, is there a creb opening down their? The local Psa guys say no, but I keep hearing about it.
    Jim
  3. FishFreaky New Member

Kent, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Look up the Emergency Shellfish section of the Regs. Area 13 and 5 is open since the middle of June. Let me do some of the work for you here is a short cut. https://fortress.wa.gov/dfw/erules/efishrules/erule.jsp?id=304

Now that most of the sound is open on the 1st. of July there are lots of other good places to go. Great time to practice striping some line while the pots soak.
  4. Jim Kerr Active Member

Forks Wa
    Ratings: +119 / 0
    Thanks,
    I knew the coast was open, had no idea SS got lumped in there as well.
  5. gigharborflyfisher Native Trout Hunter

Gig Harbor, Wa, USA.
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    If you were looking for cutts, you should have tried right across the bay on the Gig Harbor side by the mouth of Wollocet bay, from what I have found out in my experiences, there are not very many of them around Fox Island from due to the lack of any sizeable streams for spawning on the island. However the resident coho and blackmouth do like hanging out around the island at times.