Offer up a tip-

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by tahuyamg, Jun 23, 2008.

1. While fishing the other night, a rainbow completely inhaled my elk hair caddis. I though the fish was done for when an older guy came over and said, "watch this." he put the tip of my rod down the fishes throat and out came the fly. Its a great little technique, and the fish swam off fine.

2. That makes a ton of sense, good one! :thumb:

3. DAMN!!!! That is a good EYEdea!!!!!:rofl:

4. Just last week I was on the Yak for a few days and at the end of the trip, I couldn't break down my rod because it was stuck together. I took a couple pieces of ice and placed them on the ferrels, after a few minutes the rod broke down easily.

5. speaking of rods, I like to only joint up a 4 pc halfway, rubberband it together and hike in. handy idea for brushbusting, especially with long rods. also works pretty good for spare rod on a float tube.
    don't wear aftershave when you fish. don't shave when you fish. don't shave.

6. When you think you packed everything for a trip...........re-check it!

7. know you wading limitations (especially right now) and wear sunblock. O ya, and you don't have to spend a ton of money to catch fish.

8. Puget Sound beach fishing tips

You don't need to wade out deep. If you do, you'll be standing where you should be hooking fish.

Think solid colored clousers, lose the white.

9. Good info Brian, I will have to remember that.

10. Good tip.

11. Never fry bacon in the nude :thumb:

12. I just people would learn to merge in this damn state! And I'm from here...

That's a good one! I'll try it on my upcoming trip if I need too! :thumb:

Same applies to steelheading or any fishing. Start in close and work your way out farther and down. Wade out slowly and be a stealthy as possible! Hard to to for me at 290 lbs, but possible!

13. When fishing lakes, depth first. After that I would go profile (includes size) and then color.

14. Never leave fish to find fish. (I can't tell you the number of times I've done this).

15. i agree completely.:thumb:

:ray1:
    wear a wading belt and always bring a change of (warm) clothes.

16. Wading belt with CO2 PFD and a collapsible wading staff for the big stuff! :eek:

17. Warren, there must be a story behind this? :rofl:

18. I guess that almost changes the rule that "everything goes better with bacon"! Unless you're naked for a good reason and just need to recharge... :rolleyes:

19. No matter what the weather is when you leave to go fishing, always bring a rain jacket.

20. Always, always, always bring a spare pair of skimmys:thumb: