Official Saltwater Swap

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by D3Smartie, Apr 8, 2005.

1. I wish I was looking at finals... I still have 6 weeks left... All my friends at other schools are done in a week or two, but UW gets out way later. Then again we don't start until the last week of september, so oh well. But, I will be spending some quality vise time this week I think.

2. Mine are done. I'm just trying to figure out what extras to include for the swapmeister... :0) Should be in the mail today.

3. Ok, I'm a slacker, I know, but those flat-wings are *(&!#$%^(&ing me off. And sinc eI figure I should enjoy, this, sorry, no flat wing from me, I'll come up with something else...

4. no worries... still have about 10 days until it would be optimal to have them shipped out.
    Hope you guys are all getting them done.
    I have Trevors and they look really good.

5. Finally got mine in the mail today. They are supposed to be for "Pinks" but should work on searuns. From what I've heard (no first hand experience yet) they will hit most anything moving if they are aggressive. Thanks for setting this up David.

6. Mine should have gone in the mail today (we'll see how far my wife got...).

7. flies are tied, will epoxy over the next day or so and drop them in the mail. Gearing up for an MT trip and have over-extended myself as usual.

Surf

8. Just finished my tying marathon, and they are all done. I will have them mailed tomorrow morning. I did some chartreuse clousers and a psuedo-popper type thing I have been experimenting with. I figure if more people try it I can get a feel for how it works...heheh. It'll fish though. :thumb:

Edited to add - They're on their way, I dropped 'em in the box this mornin'

9. Surf... what kind of epoxy are you using... I have always used soft tex but it is really pissing me off lately... i think i need to switch it up...

10. Hey Dave - I have not exprerimented with anything other than different types of 5 min epoxies. I like the Z-poxy - have always had good luck with it - stays free flowing for a long time after opening, I like the 2 bottles instead of the plunger type dispenser. I keep my flies out of the sun so they don't yellow too quickly. I prefer 5 min so I can get the head shaped the way I like it....versus using a slower dry time epoxy and drying wheel.

There was another product out there - maybe by Loon? supposed to be as hard as epoxy.

Looking forward to the flies!

surf

11. got islander's and wbodger's.... thanks guys... they look great.

12. mine are in the mail - Dave I dropped a fly on the way to work so I will send it to you next week when I get back into town. thanks for hosting.

surf

13. Put mine in the mail a few days ago, so you should be getting them soon.

Dane

14. Trouble here, been delayed a bit, on the way !

15. no worries...

16. got Surfs and mr trouts today.... Both look awesome... still waiting on 2 more...

Got yours too Dane... :thumb:

Surf.... I screwwed up and asked for 14 flies which means everyone will get back couple of their own patterns... Therefore you dont need to send me the extra fly.
    And thank you very much for that monster fly... looks like it would be great for striped bass or fish of that nature.

17. david, keep the extras in my shipment for yourself.

18. Ok i just screwwed up when i put down the names and didnt include Surf;s name... i have been agonizing over how i was unable to count to 7...
    anyways... just waiting on bob;s flies and they will be out.
    David

19. How we doing?

20. Ok the flies went out today right after i picked up Bobs at the post office. I noticed that i left a couple with barbs on so please remove them prior to fishing.
    great work by everyone and thank you for participating. I am very sorry that it took this long to wrap up.
    Everyone of you is welcome to come fish SRCs with me this summer out on the canal or the areas around bainbridge.