Official signup "I want in" order for the bulk tubing

Discussion in 'Fly Tying' started by Jerry Daschofsky, Jan 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eric Tarcha gear whore

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +12 / 0
    i'll up mine another 15 bucks, so a total of $30.
  2. Richard Torres Active Member

Mill Creek
    Ratings: +76 / 0
    Jerry,

Please put me down for 15 dollars worth.

Thank you,

Richard
  3. colton rogers wishin' i was fishin'

gig harbor, washington
    Ratings: +10 / 0
    tonight's magic numbers are 495 and 99% so i guess ill try them out. Jerry will you please put my down for 5 dollars, and that makes the new numbers 500 and 100% i have a big book on tube and hair wing flies for salmon that i don't think i've even opened so I'll probably go flip through that now and pic some that i like. my next question is how do you store them if there is no point to stick in the foam?
  4. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +658 / 5
    Colton, to store them you simply put them in a small plano box with dividers. They do sell a tubeflybox though. You can even put the hooks in them (if you use junction tubing) and put them into a foam box as well. I'm getting ready for my son's party, but let me go through the list again and reverify. I may have my customer call, since her supplier has not called me back yet on shipping costs. The final cost coming in dictates how much more I'll have to add to the price (or subtract from the footage).
  5. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Oh, and BTW. If you want to get in on this, you still can. I just needed that amount as a minimum order for extruding the custom size. So you can still get in. This just means we hit the minimum.
  6. chew- New Member

Whitehorse, Yukon
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I'm in for $20 worth, if you don't mind shipping to the Yukon.
  7. klintd Member

South Sound
    Put me down for $10. Thanks Jerry!
  8. _WW_ Fishes with Wolves

Skagit River
    Ratings: +643 / 0
    Wow! I almost missed this thread!
    I'll take $10 plus the shipping cost to Mount Vernon.
    Can send cash, check, or paypal.
  9. Daryle Holmstrom retiredfishak

Mount Vernon, WA
    Ratings: +105 / 0
    Same here Jerry
  10. colton rogers wishin' i was fishin'

gig harbor, washington
    jerry when are you going to order this tubing and when should we sent you money?
  11. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    I'm still waiting on a call back. My customer thinks they may be on hiatus. Think it's a smaller company she deals with on this. So when I get his final shipping quote, I can nail down how much it'll actually be per foot. Gonna add shipping costs to me into the $498.
  12. colton rogers wishin' i was fishin'

gig harbor, washington
    why did you say 495 b/c its up to 550?

i can't wait i think im gonna tie, well i don't know i don't fish for steelhead but i have fun tying so it will be something new
  13. Buck "Ride'n Dirty."

Seattle, Wa.
    Ratings: +7 / 0
    Jerry, can you put me down for 10 clams!.....if it's not too late.
  14. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Not a problem Buck, I have to give him the final footage when I lock it in.

Well, I'm going off the original quote, which was $498. Once I get the general consensus on how much it'll add to the price per foot, then when I tell you guys to "send your money" then I'll know what the final cost per foot will be. As of right now, it's $0.0325 per foot to extrude it. But with shipping may raise it to an even $0.05. So my quote was on what the raw cost to extrude it will be. I'm looking at making the order above the 15,000 feet minimum, maybe up to 17,000 plus. Not sure yet.

And, found out why they havne't got ahold of me. They are moving from Conn. to Rhode Island. So they are in the process of moving their machinary. LOL. My customer even tried calling her inside #'s (she gave me their commercial #'s). She finally got a different recorder and got the info they finally were making their move. So hopefully I'll get the final here shortly.
  15. Daryle Holmstrom retiredfishak

Mount Vernon, WA
  16. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Yeah, I'm waiting myself. Come to find out the company moved from Rhode Island to Conneticutt. So I'm in the dark until their whole operation is back up and running to get my shipping costs.
  17. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Got news that my customer got through to them. They need to recalculate and tell me difference between extruding 8' lengths vs custom 4' lengths (shipping costs for both, one would probably have to go freight, other could come UPS). Hopefully will get the info by tomorrow. Guess their phones didn't switch over during the move. Thankfully my customer shot off an email to them, and she was called back today.
  18. Daryle Holmstrom retiredfishak

Mount Vernon, WA
  19. Arthur Vakulchik Young Gun

lynnwood, wa
    jerry,
    have they shipped the tubes to you yet?

arthur
  20. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Arthur, I won't place the order until I get all the cash in. But with their move, my customer is having a hard time getting her stock, let alone me getting anything. So I'm in wait mode to find out my shipping costs. Guess there's a big price difference between 8' lengths and 4' lengths via shipping. So awaiting that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.