Ohanapacosh river?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by James Mello, Jun 18, 2002.

1. James Mello

James Mello Inventor of the "closed eye conjecture"

Media:
    I fished it once last August and caught a couple of 6" trout.... Does anyone regularly fish it, and if so, is this normal? I'm *always* looking for beautiful places to fish and the O River is definately in that category ;)

-- Cheers
    -- James

2. flyteen

flyteen New Member

I fished it last August too, but didn't catch anything. Where'd you fish it? I fished at the campground. Other people there weren't haveing any luck either.

*Want to go fishing in or near the penninsula? Please email me! I'm always looking for partners! flyangler2000@msn.com*

3. chadk

chadk Be the guide...

Media:
    It's been several years, but I've been there a few times. You have to get away from the camp ground to find the fish, but they are there! If you're adventurous, and can get your fly down DEEP, find the slow deep water of the canyon areas. Hard to find, hard to fish, but there are some nice fish in those deeper pools. We had the best luck near the end of the summer when the water was low and clear. If it's high and discolored it's not even worth trying...

4. James Mello

James Mello Inventor of the "closed eye conjecture"

Media:
    I don't have any specifics, but there are spots which aren't close to the highway. I looked for a bend in the river that was about 1/2 to 1 miles in and bush wacked. I got all of the fish I caught on big bead headed nymphs (Prince, Hares Ears, etc). I figured that the deeper pools were solid, but I didn't have a sinking line to get there.