WTB Old Fenwick HMG

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by bullmoose, Jan 10, 2013.

1. bullmoose New Member

Soldotna, Ak
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    It is probably a long shot but I am looking to buy an older Fenwick HMG in 8 or 9 weight. I am trying to replace a broken rod as a gift for my dad and his was a GFF 959 (9 1/2 ft 9 wt.) but any rod close to it will work. I would also be interested in a Fenwick HMG blank in these weights if anyone has one to offer.

Roy
  2. Nooksack Mac Active Member

Bellingham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +115 / 0
    Roly, I have a 9-foot, 2-piece 10-weight that I built on a HMG blank around 1976, and used for a few years. If this would suit your dad, contact me. I think that a 10-weight handles large winter steelhead flies better than a 9-weight, and the splash factor is unimportant.
  3. bullmoose New Member

Soldotna, Ak
    Really looking for the rod that he had but I am willing to go lighter if I have to. I don't think he would fish a 10 weight for anything around here and Im not even sure how much he would fish the 9 weight if I bought him one. This was a rod that he had broken when I was young and have always wanted to find him a replacement.
    Thanks for the reply Mac but I will pass for now. I will keep it in mind and if I can't find what I'm looking for I will get in touch with you.

Roy
  4. Matthew LeBret Active Member

clarkston, wa
    Ratings: +81 / 0
  5. bullmoose New Member

Soldotna, Ak
    I have found what I was looking for. Thanks to all who tried to help.
    Roy