Old Man Forum.

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Old Man, Apr 3, 2012.

1. David Loy

David Loy Senior Moment

I'm not as soft in the ass as some of you geezers (I can still the hit high notes) but I get the senior discount at the stripper bar. Not quite a Gentleman of Leisure yet only because I was slow to figure out how to have kids and am still in the college tunnel.

2. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

The only thing nice about being old if that you get to eat at a discounted rate. But the problem with that is they also cut back on the food. You can't win no matter how hard you try.

3. David Loy

David Loy Senior Moment

You still on solid food?

4. Olive bugger

Olive bugger Active Member

Just cut a hole in the fly area and you are good to go.
    But at only 53, I would guess that you are not visionary enough to figure something so elementary as a simple hole in the waders.

Next question.

5. Rick Todd

Rick Todd Active Member

I suppose you should at least be on medicare to qualify. I'm still 2 years from that. I've worked about 3 1/2 days per week with 8 weeks a year off for years, so I've been accused of being semi-retired! But in about 8 months I will be working 1 day a week when I want to, so that, I think, will make me semi retired! (but still not on Medicare!) Rick

6. Nooksack Mac

Nooksack Mac Active Member

If you give it a complementary title, like "Wisdom of the Aged Forum," I'm in.

...Hell, just call it "The Old Farts Forum."

7. _WW_

_WW_ Fishes with Wolves

I can see it now...only two topics in 'The Old Fuck's Forum' or 'OFF' for short:
    Topic 1 = "What's for Dinner?"
    Topic 2 = "How was your nap?"

8. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Brilliant!!!

!

9. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Well I had plans to go fishing after my workout at the "Y". The YMCA to people that know what I mean. Not that other "Y". I came home and let the dogs out for a while. I was calling them back in and I bent down to pick up a dog toy and my right knee gave out. Down I went, ass over tea kettle. I twisted my left ankle, my right knee and I landed on my right elbow.I skinned my elbow but didn't tear my shirt. Figure that one out.

Never the less I got in my truck and drove up to the river. In the time between my driving and me getting there my left ankle swelled up. Couldn't walk very good so I just went home.

It sucks when your wheels give out. No, not the wheels on my wheel chair.

And yes, I still eat solid food

10. GATOR9

GATOR9 Hey you guys

There are a few of us that do qualify for such a forum in fact you might even say that we were f/fishing when most of you were still sucking on your, well at least still wearing diapers and messing in them, wait a second I guess there may be a few of us doing that now. Funny how things come around. Oh and thank GOD for Senior Parking spots and Handicapped spots. It is about time some of us old trend setters get a little help from the govt. Just remember you young bucks you too will grow old and c-nile. :confused:

11. Olive bugger

I am still trying to figure out how I got here. I am an 18 year old mind trapped in a 74 year old body.

12. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

I bought my first Fly Rod at about the age of 13 or 14. I had a paper route and I bought myself a Bamboo fly rod made in Japan. It was a three piece with two tips. I couldn't afford a reel but I had an old bait caster that worked on it. I didn't get into that much and when I turned 23 I bought a better one and a fly reel. A 6wt Fiber glass one and a reel made by Phluger(I can't spell very good). It was a knuckle buster. It didn't have a drag and it didn't have rim control. But I fished the hell out of it.

The first one ended up in la la land. The second I sold at a yard sale. Now all I have left is 7 rods. I still don't use them all. I only have two hands.

13. Olive bugger

I have six. I fondle them all, just like a harem. I usually take one or another to the water. The rest just languish. Till I fondle them again.

There are perks to being a dirty old man. :)

14. John Wallace

John Wallace Active Member

I did put a hole in my waders but that because I tripped and fell into a barrier on the Cedar last year and ripped them accross the leg about 6in's. A little higher and I would be talking higher!

15. Olive bugger

I hope you didn't damage John. Waders can be repaired/replaced. Fishermen can not.

16. Krusty

Krusty Active Member

One a the worst things about being an old coot is the incredible amount of pissin and shitting we do (not to be confused with our incredible amount of general pissin & moanin). Put on the goddamn waders and I gotta piss 10 minutes later...every 2 minutes if'n I'm swillin cheap beer outta the cooler, as is my wont.

I won't even mention that one of my disgusting early mornin wader-farts once overwhelmed a hummingbird investigatin a red wet flie on my vest.....let me tell ya, there ain't much meat there once ya skin 'em out.

One a the advantages of a sit-on-top kayak is the scupper holes...don't even hafta leave the boat to take a piss....scuppers take care of it. And don't none a ya pups be giving me any shit about water pollution...goddamn ducks, beavers, and fish be pissin all the time, and yer fine with that.

Once I figger out how to cover my wrinkly ol 'back half' with a set a grampers (hell, the asstronauts do it)...I'll be able to stay out for hours without puttin a foot ashore. Maybe I could use one a my old hernia trusses to rig sumpin up.

Then....there's my hemmerhoids...but that's enough for now.

17. Jim Ficklin

Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

if you didn't start with a bamboo rod ('cuz that's all that was available), you don't qualify. Bonus points for having used & caught fish on a Parmachene Belle, Wickham's Fancy, and Major Pitcher.

Steve Vaughn likes this.
  18. Krusty

Krusty Active Member

I seen 'em too, Old Man....young punks, prancing around with their fancy Martin and Perrine automatic flyreels.

19. Krusty

Krusty Active Member

At our our age (and smell) that's about all we be fondling. And that's alright...far less trouble, if I remember right.

20. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

If you were not old enough to vote for J.F.K., your are to young!!!