Old Man, I am sorry I missed you this morning........

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by jbrodie, Oct 22, 2002.

1. jbrodie New Member

Marysville, WA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I came out of Denny's at Island Crossing at 6:30 this morning to find antifreeze running down the parking lot from under my truck. I had to get it towed to Olympic Ford. They just dropped me off at my house. The fish Gods must be angry with me. The good news is my truck is under warranty. I am very sorry to have missed you. I hope you met up with the other guys that contacted you last night. Maybe I can go tomorrow if I get my truck back today. Jim Brodie. :MAD
  2. Matt Burke Active Member

Kenmore
    Ratings: +69 / 0
    I'll be up there Thursday. Keep it in mind. What about Oldman, whitey or Macrowdy.

Matt
  3. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,723 / 0
    What do I know---I'm just an old man

Best I can do on the rest of the week is Thursday Morning. Look another Jim. I see you live in Marysville also. I do and so does mtlhead. Well I can now tell you about my morning which is bad for me and good for the fish. How's this for luck there are fish rising all around me but do I get any hits. Oh no. They(fish) say lets leave that old fat man alone.

Fished up by the Oso bridge. Same kind of luck. Whitey and Mac showed up and we left and went down to 127th. Fished from the log down Fish rising all around but not to me. Saw splashing down at lower end of pool,went down to see the Salmon on their redds. The next hole down Mac hooks a Chum. Played with it for about 15 minutes. Lands it a gets some pictures.

Thought I lost one of my fly boxes. But alas I found it sitting on a log where I left it now I'm happy again. I wore my back out so now I'm home beating on this computer.

Jim If you want to go Thursday let me know and I will tell you how to get to 127th if you don't know how. It's a good spot to fish, lots of sea runs and Chum also.

Jim
  4. alpinetrout Banned or Parked

Hiding in your closet
    Ratings: +74 / 0
    Are the chums showing in any numbers yet?
  5. papafsh Piscatorial predilection

Camano Island, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +63 / 0
    I plan on getting up there on Thursday morning myself, I've been doin' up some new flies and want to try them out. Hey Jim, I know where 127th is but would you let me know exactly where you guys will be by e-mail?

Thanks,LB
  6. jbrodie New Member

Marysville, WA.
    Well I got my truck back. If I am still off on Thursday I would love to meet you guys. I am on a day by day status with work. Miked told me how to find 127th. I have heard nothing from work so I believe I will try to hit the Stilly tomorrow. :BIGSMILE
  7. Sean Beauchamp Hot and Heavy at yer 6

Shoreline, WA, U.S.
    Ratings: +515 / 1
    being politically correct sucks

could i get the directions to 127th? i know im a measly, skinny ass 16 year old punk, but chums sound good. maybe the good karma will get old man a fish or two.

~sean~
  8. Joe Member

Seattle, WA, USA.
    Sorry to be a spoilsport, but targeting any kind of salmon on the N. Fk. Stilly is a violation.

Joe
  9. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt

I know it's illegal. So I don't fish for them. I don't think that I will hook a Chum on a size 14 to 18 size hook and 3lb leader and land it. Just to keep every one off my back there are salmon in the river at just about any deep pool. You just have to find the Salmon to find the seas runs. But you can't fish for any of them,the salmon.

Jim
  10. MacRowdy Idaho Resident Craftsman/Artisan

Ashton, Idaho
    It's a darn good thing I caught that Chum on Accident. I don't know how it stayed on my size 20 BWO and didn't break my 5X Flouro. WOWIE Huh!?

MacRowdy
  11. Joe Member

Seattle, WA, USA.
    McRowdy, Old man,

I know you guys are after cutts, but it I was replying to C_Fish_Bite, who sure sounds as if he's after chums.

Joe
  12. alpinetrout Banned or Parked

Hiding in your closet
    Ratings: +74 / 0
    Chums are open in the main river though, so one would think if they're showing up in the NF, they should be in the mainstem as well.
  13. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt

Joe, I'm not coming back at you nasty. At least I didn't think that I was. I thought that when they opened the river for salmon I thought that the whole river system was open for them. I stand corrected. I usually check the regs carefully. Must have missed that one,but as I don't fish for chums or any fish that's a no-no,I don't go looking for them.

Jim
  14. MacRowdy Idaho Resident Craftsman/Artisan

Ashton, Idaho
    Joe,

It's all good. You are right. I had no idea they were off limits. So thanks for the info. It is appreciated.

MacRowdy :THUMBSUP
  15. SeaClarki New Member

Seattle, Wa.
    Chums are in the lower river below I5, hooked a few on the 6 weight while looking for src's this last weekend.
  16. Sean Beauchamp Hot and Heavy at yer 6

Shoreline, WA, U.S.
    Ratings: +515 / 1
    being politically correct sucks

sorry, i didnt realized that 127th was on stlly nfork. i realize that that north fork is not open to chums or any other salmon. im always looking for a new spot. thanks for the info.

~sean~