OLDMAN is the nicest guy I know, BUT.........

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Whitey, Oct 18, 2002.

1. Whitey

Whitey Active Member

Media:
    Damn! I need to drop a few(or a hundred) pounds. Jim is a really nice guy, we give him a bad time, But we only do it out of love! what a day! :COOK YT

2. MacRowdy

MacRowdy Idaho Resident Craftsman/Artisan

Media:
    Home Page:
    OK Matt,

We've got two kitty's: One is the Supa Phat Fro Kitty for Chris and a Old Man Jim Wader's Kitty.

Sweet fish guys!

MacRowdy

3. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:
    What do I know---I'm just an old man

You guys got to be kidding me. That looks like the same fish in all of the photo's. From now on I'll show up but I'll stay out of the water. It seems lately that no matter who I go with they don't catch any fish until I'm out of range. Itold you all that I'm bad luck.

Jim (should change my handle to Jim the bad luck guy. No lets just leave it as it is).

P/S What I need is a quick fix and I think I know where to get one at. I was/am going to go up the the upper Sauk. The part that isn't closed. I usually seem to catch fish up there. But....... you never know.

Jim

4. shockedalaskan

shockedalaskan New Member

Home Page:
    All I want to know is where you were fishing! I got a 15 foot bayliner yesterday and I need to take it out on a river!

5. Whitey

Whitey Active Member

Media:
    Hey dude, if you take your 15 ft bayliner where we were, It ain't coming back! If I see a bayliner stuck in the river, I'll know you were there! NF stilly, down from 127th.

6. Whitey

Whitey Active Member

Media:
    Matt, you are killing me! That's so cool! :THUMBSUP YT

7. shockedalaskan

Home Page:
    Is that bait?

I am sorry, Im from alaska and that looks like what we use to catch large rainbows.

<evilgrin>

:DEVIL

8. Whitey

Whitey Active Member

Media:
    Hey phil, come to Ben howard boat launch tomorrow, I want a ride in your Big Rig. That pic is so cool, and by cool, I mean totally sweet!11:00 a.m. see ya! :THUMBSUP YT

9. Matt Burke

Matt Burke Active Member

Media:
    Shockedalaskan

Take me for a ride in that Hum V and show me were to catch 12 fish, in 3 hours, of any kind and you can dog my digital pics anytime.

Most respectfully,

Matt

10. Nailknot

Nailknot Active Member

Media:
    Those fish pics are great but what has me pissing my pants right now is the Hummer with the "rock star" plates. Yeee haa what a frickin riot! ShockedAlasken you are one funny dude.

11. shockedalaskan

Home Page:
    Matt,

Your right. Im sorry.

In regards to meeting you guys at 11:00, I am leaving but....

I don't think my boat is flat enough for that river.

p

12. Scott Whited

Scott Whited Member

Media:
    just out of curiosity are any of the four that went over 18 inches pictured here?

13. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:

Coming from me is that either of them know how to measure. They think that three inches is six inches,and six inches is a foot. Neither of them know what a tape measure is. They just lay it along side a part of their body and say that is a big one. :TONGUE :TONGUE

Jim

14. jbrodie

jbrodie New Member

O.K. Being a new member I must ask. How old are you Old Man? I am afraid the age will a lower number than my number. Hopefully I will get a chance to meet you on the Stilly.

15. MacRowdy

Media:
    Home Page:
    Jbrodie,

Let me answer that question for you. Old Man is probably 65 or so but he is trapped in the body of a freakin 100 year old Walrus. Hahahahaha

MacRowdy

16. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:

I'm only 67 and getting younger every day. But some times I feel like I'm 100.
    :THUMBSUP

Jim :COOK

17. Sean Beauchamp

Sean Beauchamp Hot and Heavy at yer 6

Media:
    just remember, throw 'em back

hahahahahhahahahahahahahaha.

about the waders, i think it may be a good idea. also try wearing garlic around your neck to ward off the evil fishless spirits. maybe it will also offset the old man smell.

just kidding......im such a young punk

:DEVIL

18. MacRowdy

Media:
    Home Page:
    Hey Old man Jim,

Looks like you've got some new fans!

MacRowdy

19. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:

Always looking for new people to fish with. Maybe some that won't pick on me. As you know I am thin skinned. But I can take all that you dish out to a point,but I won't tell you what that point is..

I think that fishing is starting to get to me. The other night I couldn't sleep so instead of counting sheep I started to count all the access points that I know of on the Stilly from the mouth and on up the N/fork to Fortson and I came up with about 50 different places to gain access to the river. And like yesterday I drove on up the S/fork and did the same. I must be going nuts.

Jim

P.S. I can't sleep again tonite so now I'm on this stupid computer and can't spell to good. You should see these words before I correct them.

20. Matt Burke

Matt Burke Active Member

Media:
    But there is something seriously wrong with Jim. Now don’t get me wrong Jim, or anyone else on this site. I don’t mean personally or mentally wrong with him.

If you didn’t have a dad to take fishing, you would want to take Jim. He is exactly what you want as a fishing buddy. He is all about fishing. He gave me a fly to try the first day I met him and he didn’t even care who I was. For Jim, it is all about the camaraderie, the brotherhood of fly fishing. If ever there was a soul more deserving of a fish, it would be Jim. That’s why I don’t understand what I am about to tell you. He is the unluckiest bastard I know. But I have a theory.

I think somebody has coated his waders with a shark repellent or trout repellent if you will. Here is my proof. As mentioned before, I had fished with Oldman yesterday and couldn’t catch squat until he was out of the water. Today I met up with him again and we don’t catch dick. Whitey shows up and nobody still ain’t catchin’ nothin’. Finally, Jim says he has to bail. So that left me and Whitey on the NF alone. No sooner had he left and we started catching fish.

I don’t mean a few fish, I mean a lot of fish. I lost count and Whitey will have to remember the catch card total. I am posting a few of the pics and these aren’t all. This had to have been one of the best fishing days I’ve had all year. At any moment, I expected Brad Pitt and Robert Redford to come out of the bushes and start fishing with us. It was unreal.

So I have a proposal for the site. We all chip in and buy Oldman some new waders.

Matt