"Olive" Series

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Tim Lockhart, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Tim Lockhart

Tim Lockhart Working late at The Office

My holiday book report: I know I'm coming to the table a little late here but my nephew (now fishing buddy) is finally old enough to comprehend Olive. He learned to fish for the first time this year and is hooked big time. So finally I had reason to check out Olive and, as many already know, our resident writer and artist outdid himself on these. Well done Itchy Dog, the stories and artwork are really cool. I remember hearing good things from all the early rumblings but didn't expect them to be THIS good. Anyhow, highly recommend for kids hitting the reading/comprehending stage.

I grabbed all three books, the green one, the blue one and the brown one, and like them equally. Look forward to passing them on at Christmas but until then they're mine to enjoy.

-Tim L

2. slim

slim Fish or Ski...Fish or ski....fish!

Thanks for the tip Ford! I've been trying to come up with everything I can to help my kids get into fly fishing, which probably won't take much, but I did just order the first 2!

3. Rick Todd

Rick Todd Active Member

I have all three at my house and when the grandkids (both 5+) come over, it is what they request to read! Then we go to the tying room and they create "Gilbert the Gold Ribbed Hairs Ear" or some other favorite with "Opa's" help-very cool stuff! Rick

4. Itchy Dog

Itchy Dog Some call me Kirk Werner

Thanks for the good word, FF, and for the support from all who've gotten kids hooked on Olive.
    Very much appreciated!

5. Irafly

Irafly Active Member

Why did I not know that Olive was Itchy Dog?

6. Itchy Dog

The Itchy Dog is an unsavory character and it is best that he remain covert in his association with Olive.

7. Jason Decker

Jason Decker Active Member

the new olive fly boxes are very cool! itchy, where do we get them?

8. Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson dirty dog

I got the "Olive" books for my grand kids and I like them some much I had to keep them for myself.
    They get to enjoy them when they visit me.

9. Itchy Dog

I actually have no idea. Montana Fly Company makes them but they just came out so retailers
    are just beginning to order them.