olive the woolly bugger

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Travis Bille, Mar 8, 2014.

1. I just wanted to share this in case any of you with young kids are unaware of these books.

They're great. My almost 2 year old daughter loves them. We read about olive every night and we even kiss the book cover goodnight. She's so excited about fish and obsessed with my tying desk.

Scout Bille highly recommends them.
    IMG_20140307_202056_454.jpg

2. The author is a regular on this forum.

enlightened and Itchy Dog like this.
  3. I bought all 3 books for my baby girl and waiting for the Olive The Woolly Bugger fly rod to come out. 20140117_142809.jpg

Itchy Dog likes this.
  4. I bought all three for my grandkids and they now design a fly for there fly boxes every time they visit. Have to decide on a name for each and they go in there olive the wolley bugger fly boxes. Its fun to let them pick out what they want on a fly some might just work.Thanks Kirk

Itchy Dog likes this.
  5. My fiancee is a nanny to a couple young boys and I convinced her to pick them up for them. Really great books.

Itchy Dog likes this.
  6. I bought all three for my 3 year old son, and he LOVES them. He likes looking at the flies in the book and finding the matching one in my fly boxes. We end up naming the real flies in the box according to the names in the book (e.g., 'Sally', 'Randal', etc.). In 5 years he'll go into a fly shop asking for a 'Randal' (Royal Wulff) and I'm certain the shop owner won't know what he's talking about, but it's fun for now.

Itchy Dog likes this.
  7. You'll really know the kids are hooked when they start requesting Olive and Gilbert as birthday cakes
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    wear these until they no longer fit
    [​IMG]
    and refuse to fish with anything but these
    [​IMG]

8. Favorites around my house as well.

Itchy Dog likes this.
  9. These poor kids will suffer our fate, they'll be hooked on fly fishing. :D

Itchy Dog likes this.

10. I tied her a bunch of size 2 flies from the book and clipped the hooks! She loves them!

flybill and Itchy Dog like this.
  11. I just ordered all three for my kids. Can't wait to get them

flybill and Itchy Dog like this.
  12. Right on, fellas. Thanks for sharing the Olive love. I hope that before I die there'll be an Olive the Woolly Bugger animated feature film. The screenplay has been written. Just need to find the right producer and funding :)

FinLuver, flybill and Kent Lufkin like this.
  13. Wow. I remember the thread a few years ago when you had this idea. Now look what you've done. Gone and crowded the rivers with all these kids! Youngsters pestering mom so dad will take them fishing. It's a terrible thing.
    Great stuff Kirk. A wee dram to you.

Riseform - that is way over the top.

Itchy Dog likes this.
  14. Thanks for the tip of the wee dram, David. I feel bad about what I've done. Riseform's antics don't help matters any, either.