NFR Olympics???

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by golfman44, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Ron McNeal Turtles or universes? I can't decide....

Poulsbo, WA
    Ratings: +156 / 0
    I can't change the station fast enough when this effing figure skating crap comes on. Geesus - it just goes on and on and on...
    I'll take all the down-hill racing, hockey, snowboard/ski cross and X-country skiing I can get.
  2. formerguide Active Member

Bonney Lake, WA
    Ratings: +756 / 0
    Were only that the case, I would have passed Michael Phelps medal count many years ago...

Dan
  3. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,706 / 0
    I just can't get into watching this thing. I guess Winter Olympics are not my thing. Just to much winter here this year.
  4. GAT Active Member

Willamette Valley, OR
    Ratings: +2,671 / 0
    At LEAST they are not showing curling every time I turn on the TV as they did the last winter Olympics... of course the Russian women's curling team are the exception to the "I don't want to watch it!" rule.

I've heard they are considering adding golf as an event to the summer Olympics. I think if they do that, they should add bowling to the winter Olympics :)
  5. golfman44 Coho Queen

Kirkland
    Ratings: +1,072 / 0
    The hardest thing to do in sports is striping a 295 drive dead straight down the middle.
    GAT likes this.
  6. GAT Active Member

Willamette Valley, OR
    Ratings: +2,671 / 0
    I don't know if that's the hardest thing to do in sports... but I certainly don't care if they add golf to the summer Olympics. I know the B.A.S.S. is pushing for an event (just kidding... I think).
  7. David Loy Senior Moment

Wolf Bay
    Ratings: +331 / 2
    I'm just about sick of all of the freestyle skiing and snowboarding. Probably in the minority but I hope they televise some downhill, slalom and giant slalom. With all the changes, new venues acing out old, I just don't know. I do enjoy half pipe and all but I've seen enough. Maybe we'll get to serious skiing and luge but the broadcast and commercials would gag a maggot too.
    Sorry, glass half empty on the olympics.

Oh, and GM44, my neighbor (a golf pro) cured me. I'm only 265 or so but am absolutely dead straight when I focus on his tips. Literally banging pins. But then I quit golf. Go figger.
  8. Yard Sale Active Member

The Hood
    Ratings: +154 / 0
    Way harder than standing tall in the pocket with a 275 pound OLB running full speed at you, making the right read, and delivering the ball into a 2' window a split second before you take a hit that could knock you out cold...
  9. PT Physhicist

Edmonds, WA
    Ratings: +728 / 2
    At least NBC has done away with SOME of the fluff of a few years ago. That was nauseating! Still, I'd rather watch these Olympics on CBUT rather than NBC but don't have it with DirecTV. Blahhh.

I actually like curling but have been following it since I was a toddler. It's better than any of the judged sports including the halfpipe.
    Irafly likes this.
  10. David Loy Senior Moment

Wolf Bay
    Ratings: +331 / 2
    I believe you YS.
  11. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Ratings: +786 / 1
    Have not watched a single minute... have I missed much?
  12. deansie Member

seattle
    Ratings: +19 / 0
    Good news is hockey starts tomorrow...and you can't tell me the Norway/ Sweden women's curling match up isn't just a bit interesting, for maybe more reasons than the sport itself!!
  13. Kevin J. Burnham Active Member

Auburn,Wa.
    Ratings: +141 / 0
    It's so friggin lame !!! Let's have snow boarding or some stupid dancing in a pool or jumping a horse over a fence. Shit !!! If I was running the friggin thing I'd have Baseball,Bass Fishing and Beer drinking competition !!!!