One less tweaker to worry about

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Evan Burck, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    Evan, you just made me puke a little bit!

2. Mike Lee

Mike Lee It's all about the sauce.....

Ouch.....is that stuck rod really and 8 wt?......hmmmmmm

3. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Media:
    Home Page:
    haha... i actually just bought a spinning setup so my woman could come steelheading with me once in a while. i took it on the float with me yesterday just to have Sean show me how the damn thing works and how to set it up. I'm not crossing over, so don't worry :p

4. Trent

Trent Ugly member

I'm going to have to agree with this sentiment. That is the most idiotic thing I've heard, that it is my fualt that some shitbrain fucktard stole my stuff because I worked my ass of at a jod EARNING the money to buy something nice. I view theft as stealing someone's life from them, people spend a large portion of their life doing something they would rather not do, but have to. A $30,000+ stolen rig, how many hours did that person sacrifice of their life for that? Now I do understand that the law is catered towerd criminals, so I'm not able to defend my own property, but I would support any law that would allow me to defend myself along with my property. Putting the law aside; in reality I probably wouldn't shoot a fleeing thief (though I believe you should be able to if said asshole is in possesion of your property), but I will ruthlessly beat the shit out of the individual if possible (they could end up beating my ass), whether or not they are in possesion of my property.

Cops aren't always there, nor are they always useful. Sometimes they are too late to recover your property. I also disagree heavily with the idea of gratuitees towerds cops, and many of our State's departments and offices have policies against officers accepting such (if memory serves me right). I pay taxes for cops to do a job, that is all the incentive they need, if not then that individual needs to get a different job.

And legalizing narcotics would be a great help to society:
    1. Cops wouldn't have to waste time, or our tax dollers going after potheads and other drug users. This would free up officer for more meaningful work, like patrolling high theft areas.
    2. It would free up the courts from all these stupid little drug trials. This would give prosicutors more time to focus on trying real crime, theft for example.
    3. Tax the shit out of drugs. Drugs are proven to screw peoples lives up, most of which don't have good jobs (if any) and can't afford treatment. The taxation on drugs would be used to treat these people, so that they don't burden our already straining wealthfare system ( meaning we wouldn't have to pay as much for them). Some of this "drug tax" could be put asside to compensate victems of crimes committed by these tweakers, seeing as most of these folks can't be sued because they don't have that much cash (why they were stealing your shit in the first place).

5. Be Jofus G

Be Jofus G Banned or Parked

Media:
    1. You don't make the state any money patrolling high theft areas. You make money by pulling over people for traffic violations, finding a bag of weed in their glove box and fining them for both.

2. These stupid little drug trials are a cash cow. The offenders pay the fines and the cour costs and are usually a plea and pay deal.

3. Taxes? LOL. :rofl: They can tax a $100 bag of weed 50% and make 50 bucks or confiscate the bag of weed, make $5000 in fines then charge for court costs, state run rehab fees, drivers license reinstatement fees ect... on top of that. Yeah that's going to happen.

6. Trent

Trent Ugly member

Duh! Why do you think the "War on Drugs" was started anyways, it essentially targetted the users instead of out of country growers and smugglers (more money in the fines against users). That is why drugs are not legal, and why they won't be for a long long time, money. My example was just that, a possible example, even though unlikely. I didn't leave room for padding the pockets of politicians and their campaign donors, we all know that our so called elected representitives would screw any policy like that up. Yeah, and cops would probably just be assigned to writing more traffic citations for dumb shit like seat belts and cell phone use. Look...I can dream about a more effective way of things being ran, can't I?

7. Mike Lee

HAHAHA! I can see it now. Legal Drugs! NO! Don't buy imported crap! BUY AMERICAN! Support your country.

Trent, loop hole in the taxation plan to fund rehab programs. Calculate....how many "tax paying" druggies does it take to put a single druggie through rehab? 2? 6? Possibly 10-50. So in order for one person to "possibly" be saved from all levels of destruction they require 10-50 addicts to be steady users.....hmmmmmm.

No matter how you add it up a portion of our taxes go to the processing,housing, blah, blah ....of criminals. A while back I read that an inmate at out very own McNeil Island costs over $45k a year. Hmmmm.....

Well, on the lighter side of things.......would we be able to get cuban cigars here in the states?.....Right, that's another war.

8. Todd Connelly

Todd Connelly Member

Hmmmmm, I seem to have struck a nerve! That's good!

If just one person stops to think maybe they don't need to bring their trout gear with them on a Steelhead trip, or their bass, pike, bonefish etc. etc. fly boxes, reels, rods, etc. etc. with them on the trout stream.

Or if one person looks at those 22" boat anchors they pass off as wheels these days and thinks, hmmmmm, maybe it'd be better not to draw too much attention to my truck. (And maybe a tire with 2" sidewalls is not such a good idea in the woods!) Then all the vitriol will have been worth it.

And if enough fishermen stop to think then maybe, just maybe the tweakers will decide to go somewhere else.

Or you all can go on tilting at windmills.

Cheers....................Todd

9. ribka

ribka Active Member

Excellent point!!

If we, as concerned liberal and humanistic fly fishermen, could just give Tweekers, who break into our vehicles and steal our hard-earned belongings, a big caring hug everything would be so much better -and we could cure global warming at the same time!!!

Obama 2012!!

10. colton rogers

colton rogers wishin' i was fishin'

maybe not bad, if stealing to support your habit isnt bad... maybe not bad, but useless and using lots of funds that could be better put somewhere else.

11. FE427TP

FE427TP The Great Sage

Legalize the drugs, we do not need more taxes in general but if we want revenue from it get the money from penalties for misuse. I would rather see the tweaker work off the value of his theft for the owner. He causes $1000 in damage/theft etc... he works for the person he caused that damage to at minimum wage until he has done $1300 worth of labor. Countries with less restriction on hard drugs have lower problems from the users of hard drugs as compared to the USA. I don't hang around pot smokers but I've never met someone who smoked a bunch of weed and then thought they knew kung fu as opposed to some very angry drunks.

If these tweakers want to do meth, let them, lets let them make the purest, strongest, most potent cheapest meth they can so that they can OD and remove themselves from the gene pool more quickly. The theft around meth and other hard drugs comes in large part from the difficulty and expense in making and acquiring it. If it was affordable we could cheaply use them as janitors and labor that would never need time off to sleep :rofl:

The next problem is the reason drugs are illegal right now. In 1919 to prohibit the sale of Alcohol the 18th Amendment to the US constitution had to be ratified to pass constitutional muster; In order to prohibit the sale of drugs Congress overstepped it's authority under Article 1 section 8 clause 3 to regulate commerce between states as an authority to place a de facto ban all commerce on a product. Even if the citizen grows a product for their own consumption on their own property since this intrastate commerce may affect interstate commerce congress has declared that it can be regulated to the point of a total ban. See Wickard vs. Filburn where Progressive Democrats passed legislation that farmers could not use their property to grow food as they saw fit on their own farm for their own consumption under the Agricultural Adjustment Act unless they grew only the amount the government approved.

It currently costs around $25,000 a year of our tax money to put someone in prison for possessing a small amount of drugs, and if they get three strikes we get to pay for them for the rest of their lives. The number of people in prison for drug related crime has climbed 1200% since 1980. If these people could use the police and justice system to help protect their safety and their product there would be less reliance on violence since the money wouldn't be there to make the risk worthwhile. Less taxes on us the people that are paying for the unconstitutional War On Drugs. Lower militarization of the police, less disconnect between citizens and law enforcement as law enforcement swings further away from public servants out of necessity since they are pursuing an artificially overvalued hence violently protected commodity.

In 1776, Thomas Paine wrote in COMMON SENSE: "In almost every article of defense we abound. Hemp flourishes even to rankness, so that we need not want cordage." So has the ban on marijuana has lead to an increase in CO2 in the atmosphere since it has more paper pulp with less processing needed per acre? :D

12. norcal51

norcal51 Member

Media:
    lol

13. bhudda

bhudda heffe'

Media:
    1) yelling down to the river to give a heads up to the owner of the truck - its what we should do....
    2) calling the cops on some tweekers - feels good....
    3) YELLING FROM EVAN'S CAR ( the one the tweeker saw) - priceless!!!!!!!!!
    cuz he'll be lookin for ya bro :):) glad we were'nt in my ride....

14. Trent

Trent Ugly member

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Dude that is is classic man

15. Alex MacDonald

Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Media:
    Hmmm....nice truck all alone in the woods...clear shooting lanes...168gr Sierra MatchkingBTHP....42.1gr Vihtavuori N-135...Lapua brass....benchrest pirmers....my "Kate" snugged up into my cammie'd shoulder... Fear is the ultimate discouragement!

I also don't want to dump on the "legalize" guys here, but come on!! is it gonna be free??? Of course not-you're talking about taxing it. Since these scum don't work, where do you think they'll get the money to PAY for their drugs?? They'll STEAL it, just like they do now. Humans aren't an endangered species; we can loose a few and the planet will be better off. Do a couple of combat tours in SE Asia, and see what I'm talking about.

16. Salmo_g

Salmo_g Active Member

Media:
    Gee Alex, all that preparation; hope you get your limit today. Good luck.

Sg

17. Mike Lee

18. Alex MacDonald

Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Media:
    That's a standard long range load for my M40 A1, Mark. Good to about 1000 meters or so. Beyond that, I'd use a larger caliber with better ballistic coefficient, probably switching to the .338 Lapua. The original M40's were what we carried about 40 years ago, but the wood stocks made the rifles less accurate according to temp and weather changes. We switched to the A1 model in the early `70's. They had McMillan stocks but still used the original Redfield scopes. My current Kate has an Unertl scope, so it's a later M40A1 and the scope isn't an original for the A1. Since I handload all my rifle rounds, they're precision rounds, and perform differently from the stuff you pick off the shelf at the local gun store. We have an active long range shooting community out at our gun club in Wenatchee, shooting regularly out past 1000 meters. So for me, the "powder talk" is s.o.p.; the equivalent of discussing elk hair vs. deer hair.

19. Mike Lee

I should know this crap. I had a SA M1A a while back. Gave it to my cousin. He did some upgrades, If I remember, unitising gas chamber, nm barrell, GI fiberglass stock....bla, bla, bla....all I know is that he said it was dialed in to shoot targets at 1200 M.

I'm a crappy caster so I'm only accurate to around 45'.

20. Josh

Josh dead in the water

Media:
    Be interesting to see how well these "I'ma gunna shoot me that sonabitch" posts would turn out in court. Probably not nearly as well as cowboys think. A dirt road pullout isn't your home and your car stereo isn't your son.

Not to mention you can get sued for anything in this country. Not all tweakers have poor parents who can't afford top notch lawyers. Doesn't take a lot of defense lawyer hours to put most of us deep in the hole financially.

I realize that it's fun to make grandiose statements about your buddies "Smith and Wesson" taking care of the tweakers, and I'm not saying that I don't have those kinds of thoughts myself from time to time. But in reality, save the "guns blazing" for when your life or your loved ones are at serious risk. Cars and cell phones are just stuff, stuff that can be replaced. Call the cops, take photos, work to create "river patrols", drive a rust bucket, etc. All are smarter plans for dealing with the problem.