Online Bookstores?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by willmullis, May 6, 2002.

1. willmullis New Member

Ratings: +0 / 0
    Anyone know some good hunting and fishing bookstore on the web besides Amazon.com or BN.com? I'm looking to help out some smaller specialty shops instead of the normal corporate giant.
  2. Rob Blomquist Formerly Tight Loops

Mountlake Terrace, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    I have completely shifted to a site called www.abebooks.com. It is a consortium of independent book sellers, and is more specialized in used books. If you know the title or author, you can usually find it at abebooks.com. Unfortunately, it would be pretty hard to browse the fly tying books at ABE.
  3. Gene Yotsuuye New Member

Seattle, WA.
    Last month I received a catalog from a book club "On The Rise". It is one of those buy 3 books now for $3 plus shipping, and buy 4 more in the next two years. Their regular price is similar to Amazon.com. I placed and order last week but haven't recieved the books yet.

www.joinotrbooks.com
  4. trouthole Guest

Anyone know some good hunting and fishing bookstore on the web besides Amazon.com or BN.com? I'm looking to help out some smaller specialty shops instead of the normal corporate giant.

ridiculous statement. amazon.com *is* a local company (that just happens to be the best in the world at what they do) employing a good bunch of NW tax-paying citizens -- and more than a couple fly fishermen who could take a trout out of a damp tire rut.

--t :REALLYMAD