OP Hatchery fish outlook

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by wannafish, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Jamie Wilson Active Member

Arlington WA
    Ratings: +99 / 0
    Didn't hear. Total bust??
  2. Rob Allen Active Member

Vancouver WA
    Ratings: +401 / 0
    Yes total and complete bust... Worst year i have ever
    seen
  3. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Ratings: +798 / 1
    Are "bankies" some sort of second class fisherman in your view?
  4. danimal Inglorious Twohander

michiana,SW lk mich
    Ratings: +10 / 0
    ED: I dont kno powder monkey , but I truelly believe he was being sarcastic...
    NW wild fish are endangered and sacred..

Last time I was out west and on the HOH-I seen wild fish getting bonked in march in the lower river--REALLY PITTIFUL:(
  5. Chris Bellows The Thought Train

The Salt
    Ratings: +877 / 0
    no, if you were offended by the term "bankies", i apologize. i fished a ton at the ponds from the bank around fifteen years ago. my point was the bank access below the bogachiel hatchery is limited and that planting some of the fish in the calawah gives walk-in anglers a shot at bank fishing for hatchery winter runs and that is a positive.

guess i'll have to add another term into the "verboten" category.
  6. stilly stalker Tuna sniffer

Carlsbad, CA
    Ratings: +442 / 0
    I love the Calawah forbankaccess for sure. Having bonkablefish there is a serious bonus( well....kinda) to an otherwise already beautiful fishing experience.
  7. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Please do not perpetuate the PC sterilization of America...way too much of that already. Some within the fly-fishing community refer to hardware guys as "bankies" and some with a "something I just stepped in" tone. While I am a nearly 100% recovered, former hardware guy, I still have empathy for those who have yet seen the light.
  8. Charles Sullivan dreaming through the come down

bellingham wa
    Ratings: +566 / 0
    I honestly think you are screwing up your generalizations. I've heard of gear guys fishing out of boats call flyfishermen bank maggots or bankies but never flyfishermen. It doesn't even make sense. i've never seen anyone flyfish for steelhead our of a boat.

Go Sox,
    cds
  9. Chris Bellows The Thought Train

The Salt
    Ratings: +877 / 0
    and i honestly do not have a clue to what you are talking about. i never meant "bankies" in a negative way, and you were the one asking if i thought they were second class citizens by using the term and now i'm accused of "pc sterilization"... very odd
  10. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Just saying no need to add bankies to a verboten list... way too much of this PC, mind every damn thing one says, stuff going on for my taste. It's clear now you did not mean the term in a negative way -- my response was an attempt to add a little humor...must have missed the mark.
  11. Thomas Williams Habitual Line Stepper

Ansbach, Germany
    Ratings: +410 / 17
    Never understood why they even allow it. Its sad really. Ive only been in Washington a year and I have had a hard time watching the way people treat the rivers. There are just too many ignorant assholes who just dont care to turn things around. They vastly outnumber us.