OP rivers in shape by Thursday?

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by Rob Ast, Jan 29, 2013.

1. I was thinking of escaping for the day tomorrow to get a little casting practice in (lets face it, I'm never going to catch a fish), but looks like heavy rain in the forecast and everything is beginning to spike. Does anyone think rivers will fall back into shape by Thursday? Thanks for the advise.

Rob

Bob Triggs likes this.
  2. Not looking likely

3. Sorry Rob, getting too warm and too wet too quickly now. Even the smaller waters will likely get blown. http://olympicpeninsulaflyfishing.blogspot.com

4. Hoh is only at 2600 and looking at the precip forecast doesn't look terrible. Granted it's over an inch of rain, but I wouldn't be surprised if this just gets the fish moving...You never know until you go. I guess I'm going against the grain here :)

5. Nope. Freezing levels dropping - warm weather - warm rain. That's my bet.

6. Unfortunately my suspicions have been verified. Thanks for the link Bob.

7. Did you check the levels today? I'm not afraid of a little higher than normal waters, especially with the limited opportunities I get each winter. Go rob Go.

8. Clarki, I have been watching, and the big spike was much less than expected, and yes, I will most likely make the run unless they are much higher in the morning.